View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Install/run in 32-bit on 64-bit OS 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hi, I was wondering what the best method would be (if any) to try to install or run the program in 32-bit mode on a 64-bit operating system.

The main reason I ask is that I am trying to troubleshoot some issues I've been having with a stereoscopic 3D program that my monitor uses. It's called "TriDef 3D Ignition" (it came with some HP passive 3D monitors) and some games fail to work and it treats them as though they are not using DirectX 9, 10, or 11. I recall version 2.0 having worked alright with the software when I had installed it on a 32-bit version of Windows, so I was wondering if perhaps that was related to the issue.

It may be worth noting that I have been having difficulties getting the game to run in DX11, as it seems to read my DirectX version incorrectly as being DX10.

Thanks for any help or ideas

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:53 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

If you look into the folder where you installed the game, there are two EXE files - XStoryPlayer.exe, and XStoryPlayer64.exe - i presume that by running the 32bit XStoryPlayer.exe you will start the 32-bit version.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

When starting the 32 bits exe it will check if the OS is capable of running 64 bits, if so then it will start the 64 bits app.

To run the 64 bits app directly, simply run the exe from the 64 bits folder.
To run the 32 bits app directly, rename the 64 bits app folder (or exe), this will prevent it from starting the 64 bits app.

Press CTR+S to see what runtime is running 32 or 64 bits.

The 64 bits exe is about 30-40% faster than the 32 bits exe

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]