View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Still DRM trouble... 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hrmpf,
i have heard about the new filemaker and was going to give it a shot. After redownloading and installing i knew again why i turned away, the drm still wont let me run the game.

I wonder if this statement from the website->privacy is still correct:
xpadmin wrote:
You can install our software on any compatible machine now and in the future, without registration or activation. We recognize that this makes it easier for people to make illegal copies of our games and we therefore ask you not to do so. We are a small company and we would like to continue making our software even better, so please help us in doing so.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually the filemaker does not have any DRM. What error message did you receive exactly if I may ask?

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:59 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

rezzabae wrote:
Hrmpf,
i have heard about the new filemaker and was going to give it a shot. After redownloading and installing i knew again why i turned away, the drm still wont let me run the game.

I wonder if this statement from the website->privacy is still correct:
xpadmin wrote:
You can install our software on any compatible machine now and in the future, without registration or activation. We recognize that this makes it easier for people to make illegal copies of our games and we therefore ask you not to do so. We are a small company and we would like to continue making our software even better, so please help us in doing so.

If your getting a "Version Mismatch" Error just re-downloading the game won't do it, at least that's the way it
was in my case.

I had to uninstall everything, games and account manger, then re-download and install everything
and that fixed the problem.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:54 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hm, some old installers do work for me. The problem has been introduced with the updated i downloaded at 19/08/15. I dont know if it existed before but thats the first installer from my archive which does not work...

So whats about the privacy policy is it still accurate?

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@rezzabae

Yes it is. Please let me know if you are still having issues with the DRM.
Since update 3.5 we do not have other users report issues with this.
Only when downloaded on other machine then target machine (or after major hardware changes) you need to re-download the patch.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

@rezzabae: I can say you can give it a try and reinstall account manager and game.
Currently it is not traffic because there are not important updates and download should work fine.
I believe the drm can be affected by a hardware upgrade - or like I broke my max with a software update of something else.

The game is already patched, including filemaker so you can download only the game installer.
I did this yesterday for a fresh start, deleted everything and downloading speed worked like a charm.

Btw: typo error in filemaker. @xpadmin
I tried to install filemaker (later I saw installing was obsolete, it was included) whilst installing the game. I got an error, logical, but it said something you cannot install 3.5 3.5 until you install the game. I dont remember as I didnt print screen but there is a typo repetition of 3.5. Not important but the error message should be fixed.

About the policy I agree it is outdated, I think it was referring to 2.1 or the earliest 3.0. It states the game can be copied so I agree this phrase should be removed.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]