View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Slow download speed with account manager 
Rank 15
Rank 15

Hi,

I bought the 3.5 and installed the account manager to download it. I live in China with a 1Mo download speed max (around 500Ko usually) but when I try to download your game, the speed is around 10Ko max... Isn't there a direct link like I had for version 2.1 to download the 3.5 faster ? I use Internet Download Manager to speed up my downloads so if it could also allow multiple connections that would help.

Also, I don't see the download speed in the account manager which could be useful and there is no resume functionality in it. I had downloaded ~800Mo after ~8h of download until my connection crashed...

Thanks !

Completed Lust Complex
If you enjoyed the games, consider supporting me on Patreon or Subscribestar :wink:

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you have slow performance with other more remote websites/downloaded sites as well?

Our server is pretty fast and should have good download performance.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:39 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Well since it's China, yes, foreign websites are quite slow, but usually not this slow. It also depends on the time. Morning is the fastest while evening is the slowest.
I also use a VPN to speed up the download speed (most of the time, it slows the speed down though... but sometimes it unlocks the full download speed) or access blocked websites.

I also use Steam and have 1Mo download speed in the morning which falls to 100Ko in the evening. But for your file, it was ~10Ko the whole day. Well I didn't have the speed shown exactly but I started the download around 10AM to have it crashed at 6PM and I had downloaded 800Mo out of the ~950Mo.
With rapidgator I need the VPN and download around 400Ko usually.

I'll try again tomorrow and let you know if I have better luck.

Thanks for the quick reply though !

Completed Lust Complex
If you enjoyed the games, consider supporting me on Patreon or Subscribestar :wink:

Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Let us know if you run into problems. Best is to create a support request, if this is the case.

That can be done here:

http://www.xmoonproductions.com/support/

Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:47 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

I tried again this morning and checked the resource monitor. The speed is between 10Ko and 20Ko... If there was a resume capability in your manager, I wouldn't mind it being so slow... But if the connection crash (which often happens in China), I lose the whole file...

I'll try my luck with the support.

Thanks !

Completed Lust Complex

Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Rank 15
Rank 15

Ok after several times, it appears the downlaod speed only changed when I completely restarted the download. So I tried several different VPN server and found a Hong Kong server which reached 500Ko.
Finally got it.

Sorry for the bother !

Completed Lust Complex

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad it worked out. The resume function is something we will look into.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:12 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Any luck getting the resume option to work?

I swapped out the network card on my PC, which I assume is what caused the "version mismatch" error. I'm trying to reinstall/download the xstoryplayer components via account manager, but it keeps failing with that internet connection error. I've tried about 5-6 times but it fails at random intervals. The highest I got to was 67%.

I hope you can bring in the resume option soon. cheers.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:07 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

wow this is the first i've heard of internet speeds getting faster by using a VPN. As an american that is unheard of here. Guess i take my speeds for granted, couldn't imagine waiting hours for something that takes minutes here. As Daedolon said you need to find the fastest, most stable vpn connection you can. I do feel your pain on that despite my current internet speeds. I had "slow" and incosistant internet for a while, I was using wifi from a router down the street. It would drop connection so often and i'd loose downloads often. Had to use torent clients and a youtube downloader that could resume just to get anything. Hope they add that funtion to the account manager. But if not at least it isn't often you'd need to download it. I always keep my downloaded file as a backup in case i need to reinstall at a later time.

It stores the previously downloaded installer in the folder

C:\Users\YOUR-COMPUTER-NAME\AppData\Local\X Moon Productions\Account Manager\download\

Check that folder, maybe you already have it from the first time you downloaded it, if not just keep looking for a better more stable VPN client.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Better speeds on VPN can happen, it's just a matter of route and the ISP you have :) Sometimes it happens here too, I've a 100mbit fiber connection and XSP download is quite slow (takes some minutes) while I usually download all the times at 11MB/s

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]