View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
 [MOD] ❤ Love Party v0.6 ❤ // 06-04-2018 \\ 
Rank 13
Rank 13

I'm having trouble getting 4K skins to work in this mod. The description mentions how to use custom clothing mods, but nothing about texture mods.

Specifically this mod.

I've tried unpacking pack_love_party_05.bin and searched through the whole lot for .ini files and .dat files, but nothing seems to be pointing to an obvious fix.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

I looked at the following 2 files...
XStoryPlayer 3.5\pack\pack_love_party_05\init\stories\dungeon\settings\stat_monica.dat
XStoryPlayer 3.5\pack\pack_love_party_05\init\stories\dungeon\settings\stat_monsai.dat

...and noticed this...

s3
{
pos = 3;

name = "Makeup";

v0 = "#";
v1 = "scenes/textures/character7/body_all2_png.dds";
v2 = "scenes/textures/character7/body_all3_png.dds";

vn0 = "Default";
vn1 = "Slutty";
vn2 = "Tattoo";

obj = MONICA;
type = SKIN_TEX;

}

...I added a new line in both files, so it ended up looking like this...

s3
{
pos = 3;

name = "Makeup";

v0 = "#";
v3 = "scenes/textures/character7/no_makeup.dds";

vn0 = "Default";
vn1 = "Slutty";
vn2 = "Tattoo";
vn3 = "NoMakeup";

obj = MONICA;
type = SKIN_TEX;

}

...I managed to get the new skin to work by placing my new 4096x4096 "skin no_makeup.dds" into XStoryPlayer 3.5\pack\pack_love_party_05\scenes\textures\character7 but it was still only 2048x2048.

So, my question is - where and how do I tell the program to use 4096x4096 skins instead of the standard 2048x2048? The _plugin.ini that comes with this mod has the line... "skin_size = 4096;" in it. Is that something relevant?

HEEELP! :D

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:49 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

To use plugins they need to be set on first settings page. So if you want to add custom skins you need to add a skin_tex settings on first page.

So you have to check in XStoryPlayer 3.5\pack\pack_love_party_05\init\stories\dungeon\settings\stat_monsai.dat and look for the end of first page to add your setting (it may be around line 1373)

And then add your setting like that :

Code:
  s50 // (last setting number +1)
{
    pos = 53; // it's a free slot
    name = "Monica's Makeup"; // choose what you want

v0 = "#";

vn0 = "Default";
    vn1 = "Slutty";
    vn2 = "Tattoo";

obj  = MONICA;
    type = SKIN_TEX;
}

I think it will be a nice addition to 0.6 to add skins settings on first page so it will allow to use plugins I think I'll make it for the four girls.

If you want to use the textures on Jessica you'll have to duplicate the lines in the _plugin.ini file which come with the mod then replace "Monica" by "Jessica" on the duplicated lines.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:37 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

Blu3 wrote:
I think it will be a nice addition to 0.6 to add skins settings on first page so it will allow to use plugins I think I'll make it for the four girls.

If you want to use the textures on Jessica you'll have to duplicate the lines in the _plugin.ini file which come with the mod then replace "Monica" by "Jessica" on the duplicated lines.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I took those steps but the 4096x4096 textures still appear as 2048x2048 in game. I noticed a couple of interesting lines in the plugin.ini that came with smithclub99's textures, I've highlighted the two lines from the first section...

skin_object
{
// Skin texture was created by: SmithClub
// Version: 1.0

character = "Monica";
name = "No Makeup";

skin_texture = "#plugin/SC Monica/01no_makeup.dds";
skin_size = 4096;

}

Do I need to add those two lines anywhere in the Love Party Pack files in order for them to load as 4K? Interestingly, I replaced the original .dds files in scenes\textures\character 6 (and character 7) folders by first renaming, then sizing-down the 4K textures to 2048x2048 and they do look sharper then if I was using the 4K textures.

Mega confused :lol:

Anyway thanks again and great work! I hope we see more from you :)

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:02 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

Do you have a point of reference on body to look at the skin resolution ?
I'm playing in 4K on a pretty big screen (55") and they both look as blurred (or maybe almost?) when I compare from the ones in the original dungeon...
Where is the best place to look for the texture resolution change ? Do you compare with original dungeon ?

I'll try to look if there is some code change somewhere, by the way for the two lines you highlighted, the first is the location of the texture file (so you don't have to move it into another folder) and the second one may be the setting I am missing :mrgreen:

Edit : If you move the texture it will not use the size parameter you have to use the plugin integration not pointing at them in the stat_monsai.dat file (exactly like in the example I showed above). The game will add them by itself to the first page list, if it adds them while not stated in stat_monsai file you've done it right.

Edit 2 : I looked with your textures and I think there is an improvement compared to original ones I may add pictures I'm a bit puzzled too :?:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

Blu3 wrote:
Do you have a point of reference on body to look at the skin resolution ?
I'm playing in 4K on a pretty big screen (55") and they both look as blurred (or maybe almost?) when I compare from the ones in the original dungeon...
Where is the best place to look for the texture resolution change ? Do you compare with original dungeon ?

I'll try to look if there is some code change somewhere, by the way for the two lines you highlighted, the first is the location of the texture file (so you don't have to move it into another folder) and the second one may be the setting I am missing :mrgreen:

Edit : If you move the texture it will not use the size parameter you have to use the plugin integration not pointing at them in the stat_monsai.dat file (exactly like in the example I showed above). The game will add them by itself to the first page list, if it adds them while not stated in stat_monsai file you've done it right.

Edit 2 : I looked with your textures and I think there is an improvement compared to original ones I may add pictures I'm a bit puzzled too :?:

I think you're right - it seems like the plugin integration would be the best route to take.

:idea: I know you mention uncommenting a line in the .ini on the first page of this thread, but smithclub99 didn't have that line in his plugin.ini, it looked like this:

skin_object
{
// Skin texture was created by: SmithClub
// Version: 1.0

character = "Monica";
name = "No Makeup";

skin_texture = "#plugin/SC Monica/01no_makeup.dds";
skin_size = 4096;

}

...and so on.

I'll try adding the following lines one at a time, see if it helps:

//pack = "packpack_love_party_05"; (unpacked Love Party)
//pack = "packpack_love_party_05.bin";
//pack = "packpack_dungeon.bin";

Or...

pack = "packpack_love_party_05";
pack = "packpack_love_party_05.bin";
pack = "packpack_dungeon.bin";

What are your thoughts?

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:32 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

You have to uncomment the line only if it's there.

This line is used to tell in which pack the plugin will be loaded, if it's here it locks the plugin to the pack listed, if it's not it will be loaded in any pack.

I uploaded a stat_monsai file that may work on 0.5, the settings menu is also not working really well in this version so it may work only on first load of the first page (you can look if the other plugins are working too if not you'll have to reload)

Attachments:
stat_monsai.zip [6.18 KiB]
Downloaded 597 times
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:55 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Blu3 wrote:
You have to uncomment the line only if it's there.

This line is used to tell in which pack the plugin will be loaded, if it's here it locks the plugin to the pack listed, if it's not it will be loaded in any pack.

I uploaded a stat_monsai file that may work on 0.5, the settings menu is also not working really well in this version so it may work only on first load of the first page (you can look if the other plugins are working too if not you'll have to reload)

Got it. Thanks, I'll try this out!

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:03 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Anybody had any luck trying to get the 4k textures for either of the girls working in this mod ? its by far my favourite mod and i love those textures :P

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

johnfromaccounting wrote:
Anybody had any luck trying to get the 4k textures for either of the girls working in this mod ? its by far my favourite mod and i love those textures :P

Very easy just select the texture in the girl menu before you start.
So in the girl selection where you choose outfits etc..should be a texture option.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:21 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hey is there actually an standalone Mod or something like that, where you can change the Color of your Skin as well the different Penis Size? I enjoy the mod - however i would like to play story and so on as well with this customization options^^

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next