View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 1
Rank 1

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
IIT0NE wrote:
Emil63 wrote:
Dear participants and participants. How do you think how much time should pass that a new version should see the light?
:roll:

Personally, I don't think xpadmin wants to attract too much attention to this whole thing, as it will open him up to a slew of pitfalls, damages, not to mention potential legal ramifications. All we can do is wait. I know it's felt like a lifetime since he posted any news but - believe me - when he posts, it's going to be worth it.

If anything, we have to respect him for whipping up such a hypestorm ;)

What sorts of legal ramifications could he possibly get into? The game asks you if you're 18, and it's entirely his creation. Unless he's using copyrighted music for when you turn the TV on in the start of the one 2.0 story (which I doubt he would risk doing that), or somebody actually manages to sue him on the whole "likeness" BS (I don't believe the game states "any likeness to anyone in reality is pure coincidence" in the game come to think of it) I don't see where the legal trouble would happen.

Maybe he thinks xpadmin is from a conservative country or maybe he's just talking out his ass. I'll go with the latter.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:34 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

W1x0 wrote:
Maybe he thinks xpadmin is from a conservative country or maybe he's just talking out his ass. I'll go with the latter.

Yeah, not sure what politics have to do with it. If you've ever ventured anywhere near actual Humans on Earth, you'll know that there's still a great percentage of them that frown on this sort of thing. Thanks for the judgement, though.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:52 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

:roll: thank you all for your quick answers. :roll:
as I see, the creator (administrator) does not often answer questions, thereby significantly reducing interest in the game (it seems to me). :!: :arrow: :|

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:17 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I'll kill myself if they cancel it :)

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Nyriil wrote:
I'll kill myself if they cancel it :)

I hope not, though I would have thought Xpadmin would at least "poke his head round the door" to check everyone's ok, especially with comments like that :!:

So yeah, been a while since we've had any news, huh? Nearly a whole year (give or take a few days) since this thread was started. If anyone knows anything, even if it's as small as "the last time I spoke to xpadmin was x-amount of days ago and he's still alive and still working on it, he said he hadn't slept since 1997", that would be great!

If anyone knows where he lives, do him a favor: just walk past his place and have a quick check-in through a window, also check for any funny smells. Just make sure he hasn't done something silly, like forgotten to turn the oven off overnight and cooked himself, or stayed up for months on end with no sleep and coded himself to death.

If anyone has an email address, he needs to be hassled for updates - even if he comes back with "look, just f**k off, alright? I'm still working on it".

I think it's time we knew whether or not this thing really is cancelled. I can not let this just slide off into obscurity like some weird daydream I maybe did or didn't have once.

Again; I know xpadmin doesn't owe us 4.0, we deserve closure, at least! I mean, without us loyal fans who've parted with our hard-earned cash and, might I say, been very trusting to this newcomer, he wouldn't have even started 4.0, am I right?

Right.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:35 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

He posted today in the modding section, no doubt he's still working on it.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

I get that tensions are running real high, because people are so used to the Patreon flow. However, the thing is, people are expecting frequent updates, on something that would be fucking greek to them. Honestly, as much as I would personally LOVE to see the progress they're making on the new engine (Just to see the daily progress in general), I also don't want a shoddy game with an unmodifiable and difficult engine. I've pretty much given up hope. But I'm impatient as hell, and I take responsibility for my shortcomings when it comes to delayed gratification, instead of throwing that load on the devs. I do a lot of artistic projects myself, and holy hell do they take fucking forever. No really, fucking FOR-EVER.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:40 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

kamesakke wrote:
I get that tensions are running real high, because people are so used to the Patreon flow. However, the thing is, people are expecting frequent updates, on something that would be fucking greek to them. Honestly, as much as I would personally LOVE to see the progress they're making on the new engine (Just to see the daily progress in general), I also don't want a shoddy game with an unmodifiable and difficult engine. I've pretty much given up hope. But I'm impatient as hell, and I take responsibility for my shortcomings when it comes to delayed gratification, instead of throwing that load on the devs. I do a lot of artistic projects myself, and holy hell do they take fucking forever. No really, fucking FOR-EVER.

We hear ya. The community here are mainly adults who understand the pressures of not only daily life, but the impact that big projects like this have on a person, and the amount of time they take. I don't think we're after updates akin to Patreon, or even daily updates. Just a "hey, just checking-in" every now and then. Every couple of weeks should do it.

This post took me 48 seconds (timed it) :lol:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:42 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Time is runnig out!
https://www.patreon.com/meshedvr

XPAdmin! Give us something to believe in!

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:35 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

kamesakke wrote:
However, the thing is, people are expecting frequent updates, on something that would be fucking greek to them.

No the thing is that people aren't expecting frequent updates, they're expecting signs of life. And looking back on the activities here in these forums over the past few months this whole project looks pretty much DEAD to many of us. It's not that we want to see daily or weekly or even monthly teasers. We just would like to know if there is anyone still working on it or not.
I don't think this is too much to ask for and it shouldn't be to difficult to just come over here and wave. But we haven't seen or heard anything from the dev team for months!

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 84  Next