View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Daughter of Essence RPG Maker Game [New Content Update!] 
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha Build: v0.94 (BIRD EDITION)

Hello! This is something of a landmark build, since it introduces an exciting (and big and complex) new feature AND is the next build that will be going public in two week's time (August 16th, mark it on your calendars).

This release is, more or less, the conclusion of Chapter 8, though I'm sure I'll be tinkering away at it and continuing to polish as we go.

To our weekly and alpha patrons: we hope you enjoy. To everyone else: we hope you'll look forward to the 16th and all the new content and improvements that it will bring. To become a patron or download the public build visit here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

As always, patch notes are below. And don't forget: if you want even more (and faster) information about the game, you can also find us on Twitter https://twitter.com/IndoorMinotaur and Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/7hTwuTH

Version 0.94 - 8-2-2019
Added the conclusion to the second idol quest
Added more dialogue to NPCs in Aster Village
Added new areas to Aster Valley
Added the Crater area and new cutscenes
Added Qel, the Dreamer. Qel is a giant night essence bird that can be flown around the world map to reach your destination faster!
Updated the world map image to reflect the newly added areas
Fixed a lighting issue in the room with the first golden idol

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:21 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.95!

Hello! I have a new weekly build, as well as a hotfix for the latest alpha build available.

This week has mostly been spent working on a lot of different cutscenes and preparing for the transition into chapter 9, but there's also what may be our biggest NSFW scenes to date tucked in here, if you made the right (or the wrong...?) choices.

There's a lot of loose ends I still need to tie up for the beginning of Chapter 9, and because the game keeps getting bigger and bigger--not just length-wise, but in scope and breadth, the threads are getting exponential with each chapter.

Chapter 8 is massive, featuring 5 sizable, fully-contained locations and various quests and side-quest buried in each of those locations. What's more, the game only requires you to visit 2 out of these 5 locations in order to advance the story, so the consequences of whether you visit these places, what you do there, and in what order you do them is a hefty undertaking. I'm going to be chipping away at this mountain for a little while, but that's all for the future.

As to the present, you can see what's new in the patch notes below. New to the game or want to become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

- Nym

Version 0.95 - 8-9-2019
Added a new NSFW scene (Futa, szarva, size-difference)
Added three new cutscenes, featuring Abner, Silas and Carlisse
The Carvannah soldiers will now appear in the cove (if recruited)
Sabal will now appear in the cove (if recruited)
Fixed some portrait issues in Shiveworth
Caught the quest log up to the in-game content
Fixed an issue where Mercy couldn’t re-enter the nestmother’s chambers in order to complete the quest
Mercy can now return the old music box to its rightful owner for a reward
Qel no longer remains in the crater after the cutscene
Fixed a portrait issue in the cove dorms
Fixed a potential soft-lock if you spoke to Marlan directly at the manor instead of trying to walk past him
Changed the stats and description of a certain debug item, since it’s found its way into the game (LOL)

Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

NEW PUBLIC RELEASE: Chapter VIII!

Hello, everyone. It's finally here! A new public release! Numerically, the public version is now up to version 0.94.4.

I'm sure many are wondering why it took so long, and the answer is plainly that the chapter is big and ambitious.

It opens the world up to broader exploration, introduces many new and improved systems, and adds several new explorable locations to the game in the most open and non-linear chapter to date.

We are approaching the game's major climax, so everything you've done up 'til now has been building up to this next chapter. We hope you look forward to it. <3

Download this new public build or become a patron at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

What's New Since the Last Public Build? (A Lot)
Added several more hours of continued adventures to the game
Added many new, fully-developed locations to explore
Added several new NSFW scenes
Added autosaving (and a toggle to disable it)
Added a new keyboard splash screen on startup
Added new trackers to cove strength, morale, sustainability and health
Added new enemies to overcome
Adjusted combat, ability and item balance across the board
Adjusted combat animations to be snappier and more impactful
Added new items, equipment and treasure to plunder
Countless other bug-fixes and quality-of-life improvements
Much, much more! You can find the complete change-log for every patch here: https://indoorminotaur.blogspot.com/

Will my old save work?

Probably! But a lot of data is stored on saves that can't be overwritten by new patches, like character/item/enemy stats and keybinds. You can reset your controls to default to fix the latter issue, but there's nothing to be done for the former.

When will you update the walkthrough to feature Ch. 8 content?

Soon!

New Weekly & Alpha Builds: v0.96!

We hope our patrons didn't think we'd forgotten about them. Here's notes for the newest build, version 0.96, accessible by both weekly and alpha patrons.

It's been a very long week preparing for the public build, but we haven't slowed for a minute, and there's still plenty of new content here for you. We hope you enjoy!

Version 0.96 - 8-16-2019

Added the masked Beatrix portrait
Added the traitor cutscene & departure
Added the Oldlight showdown strategy meeting cutscene
Added autosave toggle (N Key)
Added a new keyboard splash screen on startup
Added the boathouse to the cove (if you recruit the shipwright)
Added messenger bird aviary to the cove
Added new dialogue to everyone in the cove for the new chapter
Implemented new cove strength, sustainability and health variables
Fixed an issue with trying to pick up more than one chicken in Danforth Crook
Fixed a passability issue in the Danforth Crook bandit camp
Fixed some passability issues in the cove after recruiting bandits
Fixed a passability issue in Shiveworth
Fixed a passability issue in Carvannah
Fixed the cell switch in the cove
Fixed an image overlay in the cove if you upgrade your defenses
Removed the Qel landing marker next to Fogsborough (it broke a quest)
Fixed a passability issue in the prologue cove
Revised some dialogue in the Shiveworth manor
Fixed an issue where Claudia could appear in the cove if not recruited
Revised some dialogue on Bell’s ship
Fixed an event that gave infinite furs
Fixed an issue where the Carlisse cutscene in ch. 8 transports you to the wrong Cove area
Fixed a passability issue in Mar’Liore
Fixed an image overlay issue when transferring from the Carlisse cutscene in ch. 8
Fixed an issue where Vincent could be in two places at once in ch. 8
Fixed an issue where Orus disappeared when peeping on the miners in Carvannah
Fixed a portrait issue in the Carvannah aqueducts

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:07 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.97 (Math Edition!)

Hi, everyone! It seems like a thousand years ago when I posted the new public release (last week), but maybe that's because I uploaded half a dozen different hotfixes between then and now!

Our latest public builds are available on both Windows and Mac, and if you have an aversion to MEGA for whatever reason, you can also find them on itch and GameJolt!

In addition to that, I've also updated the walkthrough for patrons to feature all content up through chapter 8!

And if THAT was enough to get your engines roaring, I also somehow found the time this week to create a massive new system for measuring every member of the cove's stats and their contributions to the upcoming battles based on how you choose to assign them. This is extremely time-consuming and laborious, but it's also important and kind of cool to see the results of.

Alas, the battle itself is still a work in progress, so you won't see that until a little later.

Want to play the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Thanks,
Nym

Version 0.97 - 8-23-2019
Added a brand new stat system for every single character in the cove (you will be able to see each of their stats and assign them to a task in defending the cove) Added new chapter 9 dialogue to more members of the cove
Fixed an issue where Annie didn’t show up in the cove after recruiting the bandits
Fixed a passability issue in the Fort Wilkes idol room
Fixed Gongo and Saul appearing in two places at once under certain conditions

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: v0.98!

Hi everyone!

Version 0.98 is now available for weekly patrons. It's been a hectic couple of weeks, but little by little, I've been steadily plugging away at the game, making fairly significant gains on the new content.

This week, at long last, we reach part 1 of the SIEGE on the cove, and we hope you like it and look forward for what's still to come (a lot).

Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Thanks, and we'll see you again next Friday!

Version 0.98 - 9-6-2019
Added the Cove Siege sequence, Part 1 (WIP)
Added a ton of different Oldlight soldier encounters for the coming waves
Added the General Diana encounter
Added a new Oldlight finder encounter
Added 5 new “awakened” character sprites for Mercy
Added 5 new “awakened” battler spritesheets for Mercy
Revised the Whirlwind skill for spear users. Instead of periodically reflecting magic, attacks now count as Wind element have a 33% of afflicting Silence (so it’s less redundant with “Awakening”).
Medicated Bandages now also remove the Unyielding Wounds status
Fixed a glitched event in a Hawk’s Keep tent
Fixed an issue where trying to fish up the essence in Witchdale doesn’t work if you upgraded your fishing rod
Fixed an issue where you could talk to Dietrich or other characters from the ledge below them
Fixed an issue where having talked to Cattie in a previous build in chapter IX could lock you out from progressing the story to evacuate the inn
Fixed an issue where the leaf spirit incorrectly states that 3 unrefined essence were received and adjusted the leaf spirit dialogue slightly
Improved some ability animations
Fixed an issue where June could soft lock Mercy in the ship’s cabin
Fixed some portrait issues in Carvannah
Fixed an issue where Mercy could read some signs while blinded
Fixed an issue where Claudia was still titled “finder” in Carvannah

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:49 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Version 0.99: Spreadsheet Edition

Oh, hello.

I didn't see you there. Come on inside to version 0.99 of Daughter of Essence: Spreadsheet Edition.

You might be wondering: "spreadsheets?" What could this old boy mean by spreadsheets?

Well, since you're here, I'll tell ya. It means I have spent the past entire week staring at spreadsheets, trying to math out all the consequences for how you assigned every member of the cove in the Oldlight Siege. And let me tell you, friend.

I am very glad to be finished.

Next week: The Big Version 100! No more math, next week. Just the good stuff--you won't want to miss it, promise.

New to the game? Want to try the public build or become a patron? Visit https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.99 - 9-13-2019
The Cove Siege results are now tallied up and rated from F to S+, and rewards (or penalties) are applied correspondingly (WIP)
Added “the bad end” #1 to the game!
Changed how stealing gold works: instead of stealing 100% of the target’s gold, and that gold then not dropping after the fight, you steal 30% extra, and they still drop their full amount. Otherwise, stealing gold was only useful when you ran away from fights or lost (and there were virtually no instances where you could run away from people)
Fixed some more Beatrix portrait issues
Fixed an issue where Mercy’s portrait was reverted to default if entering the renovated throne room for the first time while blindfolded
Fixed an issue where beating Franz before round 3 did not trip the flag where he runs, and added more HP to the first Franz fight to prevent this from happening in overleveled files
Fixed an issue where the cove defenses could disappear in chapter 7+
Fixed a passability issue in Grey Clarion
Meghan’s dialogue if you haven’t renovated the throne room was caught up to her dialogue if you had

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Weekly & Alpha: Version 0.100!

WOW--the centennial release. I knew it was coming, but it still crept up on me. We're still hard at work on the fallout from the cove siege and all the complex branches and accompanying systems, but we couldn't help but sneak in a new scene featuring one of the most requested characters in the game's history, who hasn't had so much as a hint of a suggestion of a scene... until now!

But we won't spoil it. You'll have to see for yourself.

Next week, believe it or not, the grind continues... look for version 0.101 and some fancy new art coming your way!

New to the game? Try our public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur or become a patron!

Version 0.100 - 9-20-2019

(Important note: the cove siege route is contingent on a certain level of cove strength. IF you do not have the required cove strength to initiate the siege, the current build will dead-end before the siege begins, since the alternate routes are still in development)

New NSFW scene (Threesome, F/F/M, pegging)
Updated dialogue for most of the cove’s residents after the siege
Certain members of the cove will now acknowledge certain other members’ deaths (WIP)
The cove area is now fully packed up during the siege
If the cove’s defenses aren’t upgraded, the inn sustains damage during the siege from cannonfire and can’t be entered
If the inn is damaged, its occupants can now primarily be found in the throne room
The cove now reflects damage taken from the siege (WIP)
If Eva, Moon, Gertrude or Wulfhilde die in the siege, their station will now remain packed up indefinitely (RIP)
Mercy now wakes up in her own room after the siege instead of Leite’s, since it’s possible the inn is destroyed
Anyone who dies in the siege is now correctly removed from the cove (RIP)
Fixed a portrait issue in the cove
Fixed an issue where flying out of Fogsborough kept Mercy’s coat on
Fixed an issue where leaving the fishing vessel after obtaining Qel could cause you to fly instead of return to your boat
Szarva milk was fixed to only displays the icon when interacting with the cooking fire, for continuity
Fixed an issue where Cammie would appear in the cove briefly even if she wasn’t recruited
Fixed a missing portrait issue in Shiveworth when controlling Beatrix

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:25 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.101!

Hi folks, version 0.101 is available!

As those of you who have been around long enough know, when it's an art week... it's pretty much only an art week, because it takes me so long to draw scenes when I do them myself.

But I squeezed in the beginnings of the "stall for backup" path in the cove, as well as going back and touching up some of the dialogue in the preceding scenes for both quality and continuity.

There will also be a second version of the illustration with, uh, "finishing touches" soon, and the uncensored HD version is in the Discord for patrons. All in all, it's another week in the books, and the grind continues next week. Thanks for the support, and we'll see you soon.

New to the game? Become a patron or play the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.101 - 9-27-2019
Added new scene art! (Moon & Elijah--also added to the library)
Revised some dialogue in the war planning cutscene for continuity
Added the “stall for backup” route (WIP)
Adjusted some enemy skills for balance
Fixed an issue where Gongo could appear in the cove even if not recruited
Fixed an issue where Gorstag could remain in the cove even if he died in the siege

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:16 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

New Release: Version 0.102!

Hi, everyone!

The latest build nearly wraps up the alternative path for the siege--the route where, if Mercy isn't confident in the cove's strength, she sends for backup and tries to hold the choke until help arrives.

There are a few little bumps to smooth over for next week, but then we're sailing on ahead with new content and leaving the cove behind once more! I, for one, will be grateful for the change of scenery and to be finished with this exceedingly complicated event, haha.

Want to become a patron or try the public build? Head on over to https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Until next time, we hope you enjoy.

Version 0.102 - 10-4-2019
Improved and expanded the Moon & Elijah art
Added new “stall for time” portion in the cove residential area with a lot of new dialogue
Added the “stall for time” siege, including battles where you hold the choke point as Marlan, Hallie, Dalkon, Fukuro and Franz
Added a new short cutscene on Bell’s deck
Added new dialogue to some residents after the “stall for time” siege, and made some of the dialogue from head-on attack apply for both paths
All members of the ship’s crew will be absent from the cove after the strategy meeting if the “stall for time” path is chosen
Fixed an issue where Moondrop was declassified as magic and removed from Orus’s list of spells
Fixed an issue where Brandis appeared in the cove when not recruited
Fixed an issue where portions of the cove overlay could be visible when waking from the cove siege
Fixed an issue when taking control of Marlan in Grey Clarion where it was possible for Marlan to be outfitted incorrectly

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:39 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

New to the game? Become a patron or play the public build here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

New Release: v0.103!

Hello, everyone!

This patch puts the whole cove siege section to bed, adding a lot of new scenes and updating the dialogue for all the members of the cove, and tweaking/improving some of the scenes during the siege itself. Plus, there are some relatively important bug fixes thrown in for good measure.

For now, I'm ready to move on and tackle what comes next, but in the future I'll probably come back to this section and flesh out a few more details, like unique dialogue for every possible member of the cove who didn't make it, and little on-screen effects to ramp up the drama when the general shows up.

As for what comes next: Mercy has to rush around, making good on her alliances, finishing her preparations and bolstering the cove's strength for Oldlight's return. Plus, there are still a few mysteries to solve, like the idols and whatever happened to Friedhilda.

We hope you're as excited to see where it all goes as we are.

- Nym

Version 0.103 - 10-11-2019
Added Bell’s arrival scene (Stall route)
Added Bell & Franz scene, new backstory (Stall route)
Added Carlisse, Thorgeir & Gertie to the cove
Added a lot of new dialogue to more cove residents pre- and post-siege
Sabal will now fight alongside Marlan in the Cove Siege if recruited
Mercy will now appear in her quarters after the Stall route is completed and rest before continuing, which plays a new cutscene
If Dalkon, et al, lose their fight during the siege (Stall route), they now die permanently and count towards the total lost
Mercy & Orus are now correctly recovered after resting post-siege
A monument has been added to the rear-portion of the cove to commemorate anyone who falls in the siege (WIP)
Heckart finally gets his rematch (Stall route only, for now)
Added a new (unique) craftable accessory at the upgraded forge
Fixed an issue where Elijah could repeat dialogue automatically after the siege
Fixed an issue where the pirate class incorrectly couldn’t access essence magic (among other things, this caused Bell not to access part of his moveset in the deepfolk fight)
Fixed some passability issues while controlling Beatrix in Shiveworth
Revised a few lines of dialogue in Shiveworth

Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next