View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Daughter of Essence RPG Maker Game [New Content Update!] 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi folks, we got our latest weekly build up in the wee hours of this morning!

This week sees a continuation of Mercy's detective-work in Esterholt, and she's finally starting to peel back the layers to reveal the ugly truth of the place. There's also a bit of a reveal about the story behind her eyepatch (finally), so I've been excited about that.

One thing I was starting to feel conscious of in Esterholt was the ratio of talking and investigating to combat/gameplay, so I've started taking steps to pace it out a little better. You'll see more of that in the coming weeks.

I'm expecting next week we'll sort of grapple with the end of the chapter, trying to pin it down. We may not be completely done with Esterholt, but I think we'll see the sort of climax & denouement of this particular arc. A little tidying up after that, and we'll be ready for another public release in no time.

You can try the public build right now at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur.

Thanks for checking us out, and here are the latest patch notes:

Version 0.31.1 - 4/28/2018

Added “seekers”--finite random encounters--to Esterholt
Advanced Esterholt plot even more (getting close to the end!)
Finally learn more about Mercy’s eye (!!!)
Adds eyepatch-less sprites to the game
Touched up and added to the shapeshifter scene art
Added new written NSFW scene (F/F/M, Toys)
Added Old Esterholt area
Added Lord Balgruuf’s quarters
Made minor revisions to the Heimrich/Marianna scene
Revised some of the dialogue added in 0.30
Fixed an accidental text cut-off at the end of the M/M scene from 0.30

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone, we've wrapped up the latest builds for the week, and in doing so, we've wrapped up the story in our current chapter! There are a few odds and ends we'll touch up next week, maybe see what we can add in, and then it's off to the next chapter!

I don't have a lot of concrete plans for the next chapter (I tend to work off a loose storyboard of the whole plot and plan small chunks of the future at a time), but what I can tell you is that it's going to be a lot different from Esterholt.

I had fun working on Esterholt, but I'm also glad to move on from what has definitely been the darkest portion of the game so far. If you're interested in checking us out or downloading the game, you can do both here.

As always, thank you for playing, thank you for your support, and we hope you enjoy.

Nym

Version 0.32 - 5/4/2018

• Concluded the story for the 4th Chapter: Esterholt!
  • Added a lot of new conditional checks for dialogue based on different paths
  • Added new art to the Heimrich/Marianna scene
  • Tweaked a few combat animations
  • Fixed a couple of portrait errors
  • Fixed the battle background in the upstairs manor
  • Fixed some typos

Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi there, just wanted to make a brief announcement about the latest weekly build. I keep saying that Esterholt's "finally finished," but in version 0.33, the fourth chapter of the game officially concludes, and the fifth chapter begins!

This is the content that will be going live in our next public build, once it's polished and ready. That means this coming Friday, both weekly and alpha patrons will be getting access to version 0.34. As always, our public build is available to download at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

To see what's changed this week, you can check the patch notes below. As always, thanks for your support and we hope you enjoy!

Version 0.33 - 5/11/2018

Added the departure from Esterholt
Updated cove dialogue to reflect time passage
Added new NSFW scene (Foursome/Futa)
Added new additions to the cove
Touched up early-game lighting (the Albath manor, in particular)
Revised some of the dialogue from Mercy’s first interaction with Aunt Agatha
Updated the scene library to include all current scenes
Fixed a few continuity issues with NPCs still being in the cove when they shouldn’t be
Revised some dialogue with Bell’s crew in Shiveworth
Added more treasure to the Esterholt Hunting grounds
Fixed some dialogue in the cove not correctly triggering

Mon May 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hello! It's a special release tonight, because we spent a lot of time polishing, fixing and tweaking to make sure the latest weekly build was also ready to be sent out to our alpha patrons.

Version 0.34 is not a flashy build in some respects, but it gets a whole lot done AND adds 2 awesome new toys to the game, as well as their respective scenes.

Another feature we're excited to announce is a planned reward for the First Mate tier of patrons. We've added a bathhouse to the cove with guest suites above it. From this point going forward, if anyone ever becomes a First Mate, they'll get a permanent, lore-friendly character with their own suite in the cove.

Next week, version 0.33.1 will be going public to the world! Anyone can download the public version here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

To see the rest of the pile of fixes and tweaks, have a little scroll through the patch notes.

Thanks, everyone!

Version 0.34 - 5/18/2018

Added night essence station upgrades
Added 2 new NSFW scenes! (Solo F, toys)
Added new narrative progression events to the cove
Added and updated the last few characters in the cove to reflect post-Esterholt dialogue
Added Cove bathhouse
Bathhouse suites will be available to patrons of a certain tier in the future!
Added Cove residential apartment building
The residential expansions become a mandatory upgrade after Esterholt
If you have already excavated the residential area, you can choose a different upgrade
The cost is higher than upgrading it naturally through the choices
The “excavation chest” is not present when upgrading through the narrative
The following conditions will save costs: recruiting Hobart, buying lumber in Esterholt, having Ralph’s Carvannah shipment
Tweaked some cove upgrade costs
Fixed an issue where upgrading the forge before Carvannah would mark Gertrude as “busy” during the Witchdale visit
Fixed another bug where some dialogue in the cove was not correctly triggering
Modified the effects of “Jolted” from 10% evasion to 10% critical hit chance
Fixed an issue where the ship sprite may look like a rowboat after Esterholt if the save file was started on a much earlier patch
Fixed an issue where Mercy wore her winter clothes back to the cove
Fixed an issue where Mercy’s portrait didn’t appear properly in the hunting grounds
Fixed an issue where Aunt Agatha cruised around during your chat in the cove
Fixed an issue where moon bats reappeared after Wulfhilde arrives in the cove
Fixed a tile passability issue in Carvannah
Fixed an issue where you would receive another szarva horn in Witchdale if you fished the one up in Shiveworth
Fixed a bug where Olma could still be spoken to at her cell door even after she was gone
Fixed a couple of text run-offs
Fixed some typos
Fixed the Esterholt manor’s exterior not having a proper battle background
Fixed an issue where talking to Elijah from the side on the Esterholt docks could soft lock

Sat May 19, 2018 5:39 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi folks, we're very pleased to announce the public release of our latest chapter: Esterholt. The public build is jumping from 0.24.3 to 0.33.1.

In addition to new chapter, there have been many tweaks, bug-fixes, improvements and additions to the game as a whole. More than we can realistically list in this post, but if you would like to see the full changelog, you can scroll through it here.

Thank you all for playing, and we hope you enjoy!

Fri May 25, 2018 6:09 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone, it's time for a new weekly build! I fixed a lot of bugs and spent way too much time making the world's most complicated cooking side-quest and expanded Mar'Liore.

Also, there's a scene with contortionist twins, which I feel like speaks for itself.

Hope you check us out on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur!

Version 0.36 - 6/1/2018

Added a new NSFW scene (F/F/M, Twins, Contortionists)
Added more NPCs to Mar’Liore
Added a coat fishing sprite for Esterholt
Added a cooking quest to Mar’Liore
Added Mar’Liore barn
Added Eastern Mar’Liore
Added contortionists’ tent
Added soldiers’ tent
Fixed an issue where talking to a chair in the Witchdale barracks would take you down a level
Added “Hearty Meal” state to all 4-ingredient recipes, temporarily increasing max HP by 15%
Made Hufferpuffer Pie a 4-ingredient recipe
Fixed a couple of dialogue boxes in Mar’Liore
Updated some dialogue in Witchdale to reflect post-Van Ritter time passage
Minron’s book is no longer obtainable after the Witchdale chapter
Removed Minron from Witchdale after your initial departure
Dietrich now correctly leaves when Mercy asks him to
The “mysterious flask” item is now correctly removed from Mercy’s inventory when she gives it to the peacekeeper
Removed Olma from Witchdale after your initial departure (if she stowed away)
Fixed a bug where you couldn’t push the snowball into the hole in the Esterholt hunting grounds
Replacing the idol now properly removes it from your inventory

Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:01 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone,

As promised, the latest weekly build is live and features the fully implemented quest journal system.

This has been a feature requested since the very beginning, and I'd always meant to get around to it, but I'd always prioritized other work since it wasn't very exciting to look at (or work on).

But, enough was enough, and I spent most of the week grinding to get it out the way. I'm happy to announce that it's finished, and I can now move on to more exciting things!

New to the game? Try it out by downloading it at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Version 0.37 - 6/8/2018

Implemented a full quest journal system
Added Mar’Liore Mill (WIP)
Added Mar’Liore Pub (WIP)
Fixed an issue where Vincent will give Mercy a 2nd fishing rod if she has upgraded hers already
Fixed an issue where Mercy didn’t recover when first boarding Bell’s ship
Made some waterfall tile edits
Fixed a number of typos
Fixed an issue where the cutscene doesn’t play upon first entering Mar’Liore
Fixed an issue where you could sell stuff to fires
Fixed an issue where Luca thought she was still in Witchdale
Fixed an issue where Stephen says “cheers” before giving you a drink
Fixed an issue where Mar’Liore overlays persisted on the world map

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hi everyone,

Version 0.38 is now live and available as both a weekly and alpha build for patrons.

I'll be away next Friday and won't be able to send any builds. I wanted to make sure this week's had plenty of interesting content.

I hope everyone enjoys it, and that it can tide you over until I get back on the 25th.

New to the game? Try out public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Thanks,

Nym

Version 0.38 - 6/15/2018

Added Mar’Liore Meadow
Added Mar’Liore Lakeside
Added Mar’Liore Lake
Added Mar’Liore Lake Cavern
Added new optional boss fight & story content
Added optional meadow quest
Added new NSFW scene (F/F, Szarva)
Added a handful of items to Mar’Liore and surrounding areas
Added new, respawning enemies to the meadow/lake areas
The braziers in the monument space are now correctly illuminated
Aunt Agatha will be asleep in her room after Mercy awakens from the monument dream

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:29 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

We're back! Thanks everyone for your patience while I was on the road for nearly a week. It was stressful and exhausting, but we're home now and back on the grind.

I spent way too much time this week making the wildlife in Mar'Liore different depending on the time of day. We've reached the beginning of the nighttime portion, so next week is going to focus on wrapping up all the celebrations and festivities.

The events in Mar'Liore ESCALATE quickly.

Remember, anyone can try the public build at https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Hope you enjoy,

Nym

Version 0.39 - 6/29/2018

Added Mar’Liore Overlook
Added many new NPCs to Mar’Liore
Added the Mar’Liore evening phase
Added a new optional 1-on-1 fight
Added lights & fireflies to nighttime Mar’Liore
Updated the quest journal to reflect new content
Progressed the narrative
Fixed a number of tile passability issues in eastern Mar’Liore
Fixed some tile overlay issues
Fixed some typos and text run-offs

Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

The Big 4-0

Hey everyone. We did it! We somehow managed to survive until the 40th weekly release of DoE.

Some days I'm not sure where the time has gone! Other nights... like tonight... it has felt like the passing of ten-thousand years.

But the march continues ever forward, and I'm here to present the notes for our latest and greatest. 

As always, thanks for playing, and we hope you have fun.

New to the game? The public build is here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Nym

Version 0.40 - 7/6/2018

Added level 16 skills to each of Orus’s classes (Note: if Orus is already level 16 or higher in your playthrough (somehow), sleeping at the Mar’Liore inn will teach Orus these skills.
 Added new toy to Wulfhilde’s tier 3 night essence station
 Added Mar’Liore Cove
 Added new NSFW scene! (Solo F, Toys, Weird)
 Added a lot of conditional dialogue to Mar’Liore regarding the szarva quest
 Started branching the different plot options (three different paths in Mar’Liore): Belka Diversion, Plant Southgate Crest, Plant Oldlight Letter Opener
 Added the results of the Mar’Liore cooking quest
 Added Captain Lars’ Ornamental Letter Opener to the crime scene
 Added a feature where on-map encounters are repulsed by the new “Night Aura” status
 Added a lot of barely-perceptible contextual changes to Mar’Liore based on branching paths, time of day and order of events
 Fixed a bug where leaving Esterholt reverts Mercy to an older iteration of her battler sprite
 Fixed a few skills that could be used from the menu to no effect

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next