View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 When is version 4.0 coming out? We need Answers! 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanx for the news Eskarn !

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Eskarn wrote:
And yet XPA still reply's to me whenever i message them, i know that they are still working on it and making progress.

'd be great. :)

Feared hes not able to work on it anymore (well... as in dead) :oops: :shock:

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:02 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Eskarn's message is enough for me to hold out hope. but I wonder....

would it be possible (if you are willing @Eskarn) to see if you can be the "go between" for the project? Maybe create a different forum topic, "V4.0 Updates"? Let us know at the very least that progress is being made on things. If you can give more details on progress, how far from the total goal and such (no deadlines, release dates, expectations, or any other kind of committal messages) that would be great for obvious reasons, but even without that it would help.

At the very least you can ask (but only if you are ok with it, it would kind of put you in a bit of an elevated role here on the forums and cast a spotlight on you and your messages. some like that concept, some dont). I would offer to do so, but I am a newer member and you seem to have some kind of rapport with him. You have a much better chance. :P

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

I will say that as of last month they are all good and still working on it, i cant go into specifics because i said i would keep the messages private.

I know that version 4 or whatever the number ends up being is not a small project its rebuilding all the systems that needed attention
and when you improve some systems you break all the other ones that interact with them so they need fixing/improving.
same thing happens to the game im making, i improved one system then broke 5 that interacted with it and then when fixing each of them i broke all the ones that interacted with them.
My project was very VERY simple in comparison but still took a good 3-6 months to fix everything.

i know that they have done a lot of work on the base engine like the pretty lighting they released screenshots of and I'm wishing they did a 3.6 so i could play with the pretty lighting already.
SERIOUSLY I WANNA PLAY WITH THE PRETTY LIGHTING :cry:

There's also a lot of improvements to the performance and how the engine handles things.

With all that being said i have no idea on how far along they are because i don't know the scope of the project.
I don't know what the end product will feature.
i have no idea what things are finished or being currently worked on except for the few things XPA tells me every now and then.

I'm still confident enough that i'm working on 2 mods.
First one is the full redesign of Doc story because i'm not happy with how it turned out and i rushed it.

Second is a massive project that will be announced when its finished... so i don't rush it.
but
Largest house scene i have done
Saiko only (Lets me focus on making her story really good)
Multiple starting scenarios
A whole bunch of intractable items including a light switch for every room
Showers
Sneaking, Hiding, story and environment manipulation
All new animations
Implementing the Real Time Reaction System that will be made for Doc Story(keep an eye on Doc Story for more information on that)

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:01 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

Very cool. thanks for the info ;)

Glad that one story is for saiko and not Moinca. Saiko is my favorite (Sorry Monica!)
I am excited for both. I played the Doc story for 3.5 (I came after all the fixes so I didnt see the bugs), but it was really good.

Also... LOL at the "Pretty Lighting" Comment

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

then I guess you're his spokesperson, Eskarn. a monthly update that he's still communicating and working will be sufficient, I think. or have him set up a youtube or twitch channel broadcasting his 'office hours'.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2