View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 XSP Development & Planning 
Rank 16
Rank 16

loki wrote:
burning wrote:
Pickled Cow wrote:
I'd like to point out a problem that adult artists face on Patreon.

When adult artists post exclusive or uncensored content on Patreon to reward patrons, some people will just make a pledge, view that uncensored content, and then withdraw that pledge immediately after they have viewed that content. What's worse is that the "Money Per Month" meter isn't updated to reflect this withdrawal until the next pay cycle.

Patron rewards for XSP are going to have to be crafty to prevent these shenanigans from happening on XSP's Petreon account.

Indeed. The only way to protect against that would be to require an always on internet connection in order to play, which has other drawbacks.

I think this is not the case. While XSP promises new game content, patrons would be interested. Rewards can be wallpapers.
As for the game content people rush to steal, crack and publish on trackers. However the new patches were missed as far as I browsed some torrent sites. Even members there are annoyed for the fact that the crack is russian and creates a VPN... They quit downloading scared that russians are getting into their comps. I can make lovely captures on this topic:))

A crack, from a country known for trojans, that creates a VPN to get around (whatever XSP uses for DRM)? Sounds legit.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:16 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:

A crack, from a country known for trojans, that creates a VPN to get around (whatever XSP uses for DRM)? Sounds legit.

Naa not too shady, Sounds more like a typical reign lock workaround. Kind of a common practice for pirate cracks to use something like this for an installer from another country. Some installers will check with the developers site to verify your IP is from the country where the game was purchased. It won't allow you to install it otherwise. This isn't really DRM in the traditional sense, this is just to prevent people in richer countries from getting the game for the price it's sold in poorer countries. Most consoles and even some cell phones do this with their software. I've known a few people who bought console games in other countries only to bring them here and find out they cant use the online features. I think Totalbiscut mentioned when he made the move to the us, 1/2 his games were useless here.

Of course i wouldn't recommend just trusting a pirated games packaged vpn software or recommended proxy site. especially for a newb. That's how you get jacked.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

The Idea sound very awesome!
I am very excited to see the final stage.
Multiple Stories at once could be very nice :D
It would cool if you can later mix the girls.
Maybe a three some with two girls ^^

But lets see what we will get.
A Recreation of the Engine would probably take some month till a year :(
That is the bad part but when the final stage can hold what you plan, its totaly woth it!

T-Virus

Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:53 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Any news as to how the community can assist you? Hows the project coming? Also, for us who want to upgrade from v4 to v5, how can we do that?

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:08 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Still Think you can do a Patreon page and setup goals like xxx USD and we hire 1 to work full time on the game, or xxx USD and 1 can take for time off from work to work on the game full time.

That way you dont set any dedline or promise preview off the game or something like that.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@skidrow

All focus now is on next version. Since a lot of things will change in it all resources are needed for that.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:36 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

@xpadmin short time after release to concentrate on the next version sounds good but practicaly difficult the members have now the modding function they will empower the 3.5 with some mods they need help so it isnt good to say sorry we are busy working on 4.0 what i know developing a game you start slowly less time investing and to the end more more time consuming till gold/finish and not immediately throw all ressources in 4.0

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

I'm new to the game, But I have to agree with the above poster.

While it is important to concentrate on version 4, it is also important to grow and keep the community active, and that can only be achieved by updates. Long periods of stagnant time is detrimental to the community.

I think you should try to do some frequent updates to 3.5 similar to the halloween one, ask modders to submit work, use their hard work, tweak it to make sure it works and add some polish and patch into the game. If modders are able to help add content with only a little support from yourself to make it a finished product, which is then available to everyone then that lets the content and community grow. Currently tracking and installing what modders are up to is difficult, if they work together in partnership with yourselves then everyone can benefit, and the bulk of your time can be spent on building the next version. Win/win

What do the modders get? Recognition for their work and possibly life time membership or something similar if their work is substantial or frequently used. The same thing can be done for version 4 when completed, and so on and so on.

Also with regards to strange/dark story's or taboo content I think that should be included as optional (ie not part of a mainline story, more of a side quest you may want to explore, or maybe as a create your own character/master option). After all this is a fantasy game, thing's you may never be able to do in Real life but possibly fantasize about should be included. Especially since in a fantasy game nobody gets hurt, and it would allow people to explore their fetishes and fantasy's. Taste's change over time (like real life) something I was interested in 5-10-20 years ago may not be as exciting or even interest me now, and my current fantasy's are likely to mature and change as well. Example; In real life I would never beat a woman into submission, or rape one, or commit any kind of incest with my daughter/mother/sister, but I have fantasized about them all at least once in my life time. Games like this one provided perfect platforms to pseudo live out or explore those fantasy's without endangering anyone.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:18 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

@pogmothoin agree

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:48 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

xpadmin wrote:
@skidrow

All focus now is on next version. Since a lot of things will change in it all resources are needed for that.

Yes and if some off you or you can hire some that work full time on the game we will se v4 faster :)

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next