View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 XSP Development & Planning 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone,

We are really happy that version 3.5 has been received well.
We realize that not all wishes have been fulfilled, but we tried to put as many things in it as we could (given the time we had).
There probably will be one or two patches with small fixes (and most likely adding support for DirectX 11).
But most of the time will be spend on moving forward to version 4.

The girls from version 2:

I know a lot of you have been requesting the girls/stories from version 2 to be added to version 3.
At first glance this sounds easy, but the models in version 2 have a very different bone structure and skinning.
So it would be quite a lot of work converting them to version 3.

This is why for version 4 we will be working towards a template girl that can be customized (instead of different girls with different meshes).
It will allow you to adjust face, hip, breast, hair etc.., basically creating a new different girl by adjusting settings.
This will allow us to focus on one mesh instead of maintaining a lot of meshes, as it currently is.

Updating the version 2 girls towards the new rigging format is a lot of work.
It would slow down the next release too much, so it is put on a hold for now.
This decision was not taken lightly, and we hope you understand.

Version 4 features:

Version 2 contained a lot of nice features like dating, chatting, more elaborate talking and storytelling.
Version 3 was aiming more at animation, physics and action.
We feel like many of you that the elements of version 2, although roughly implemented did contain a good basis.
For version 4 we really want to step up the game and seriously improve the gameplay.

This entails:
- One world where different stories can be played simultaneously. There are different girls allowing for parallel interaction/dating/sex.
- Each girl has her own personality and background. You have to win her over and there are different ways to do this.
- So the stories can split into different paths leading to different outcomes. E.g. you can make progress with one girl, making the other one jealous and visa versa.
- Improved modding. The world contains buildings with empty rooms that you can use to add your own story. Using the girl template creator you can design your own girl and add her to your story.
A pack adds a new girl to the world allowing for added gameplay.

It will mean rebuilding the engine completely. So all in all a lot of work.
It will therefore take some time before version 4 is finished. Sorry but I will not mention a release date (or estimate).
But we will try to release in between version showing the progress.

About a Patreon page:

We are still mulling over whether or not we want to create a Patreon page. The reason we are somewhat hesitant is because this would require regular updates.
Like mentioned above we want to spend as much time as possible on the next version 4, and this could make regular updates more difficult.

These could be possible scenarios (I like to hear your opinion on this):
- We spend 3 weeks per month on version 4 and 1 week per month creating new content for version 3. Patreons could vote on these new features.
- We wait until version 4 has taken more form and then add a Patreon page especially for that. Patreons (and version 4 owners) will have early access to this Beta build.

---------

I hope this gives better insight in what we plan to do.
I wish things could go faster. Building a custom engine is however a lot of work, but I am pretty sure it will pay off in the end for everyone.

Best regards from the XStoryPlayer developers. :)

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:03 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks for keeping us informed!

There is indeed a lot of progress that I feel needs to be made.

Using a single, modifiable model, is the best way to go. you mentioned a few things that could be modded (breasts ...) would height also be moddable ?

As I said several times on other threads here, I feel like the sex aspect itself, needs a major improvement. is this something that we might expect from V4 ?

as to Patreon and so on. personally I think it's best you simply fully concentrated on V4, anything you do for V3 might be obsolete anyways.
I personally already hate the fact we're gonna have to wait a long time before we get our hands on a V4, but, hey, that's life... and the more time you can put into it and not get distracted by something else... the faster we'll get V4.

Anyways, Keep up the good work!

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:22 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Thanks for the updates! Awesome news! The customisable girl thing is great!

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:31 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

@xpadmin nice :D hope with version 4 comes direct x12 for better Performance with many npcs :D

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:55 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Although this disappoints me I understand. Just keep working on v 4.0.

You can set a Patreon that only charges the donors when a major update is published. Something like a beta, or a demo, or fist images of the girls.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:03 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

First message here after lurking for a few weeks since discovering XP. Lovin it.

I would definitely rather have you focus on v4. No doubt here. Just hoping we can expect it before end of 2015.

Side remark. I m hoping you re not overlooking adding new kinds of sex interactions on top of social ones, and new items. I m more of a free scene dungeon type of player and i d love to have refined control over the girls. Like more freedom in setting girls position ( commands for raising arms for ex, or being able to grab her arms leg, set them in a position and have the girl keep the position)

Ropes would be amazing. More lesbian stuff like licking as well. Something different for fucking like a dedicated control to avoid the walking forward/backward thing to fuck a girl. Maybe a "grab head" feature to control a good BJ.

Cant wait to know more.

Cheers

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:08 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Thanks for the update.
I really do like the direction you're taking for V4. I am one of those who think that the environment of V2 was more interesting and so I am very exited with what you describe for the future V4
Of course I woud have liked that the wet dream and dark dream stories be ported to V3 (I didn't play them in V2 waiting and hoping) but I understand your point.
As for the work repartition, I would be of the opinion that you should concentrate on V4 full time so as to reduce delays as much as possible but please give us regular updates without us having to beg.
Sure that if/when you create a Patreon page, I will be a contributor

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:21 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

So wait... you've put off the V2 girls until V4 because converting them to the V3 engine would delay V4, but in V4 there will be one model that can be adjusted to look however you want. Which means the V2 girls will never be converted anyway.
So why can't we have the V2 stories converted to V3, with new models?

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:19 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Awesome =) I agree with the majority here, V4 is the way to go. Gameplay is the fun part in these games and it have been pretty limited ( no offense :P ) But this
is still the best adult game i´ve ever played tbh.
I would rather see you guys putting in as much effort into V 4 as you can muster and releasing an beta for patreons rather than making content for V3.
Really you got great modders that got some mad passion for this game.
Gonna back this game 100% guaranteed =) Thanks for a great game , peace!

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Go full out for Version 4 as i understand it then in V4 you can do V2 story’s easier so we get them and can play them again updated.

As for Patreon page i would suggest instead add if we get x amount 1 off use can work full time if we get y amount 2 off use can work full time and so on. That ofc for you would depend on if you can get time off from the work you have now, am guessing none of you are willing to terminate your job you have now. Or that you hire workers that help you with the game full time.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next