View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 What is going on? 
Rank 8
Rank 8

Hey folks,

Im just reading through the forum and i must say.
It is pretty hard to find relevant and up-to date News/updates about the Development progress.

Many things that are listed on top of the forums, are posts from last year or before.
So i guess there only can be 2 / (3) reasons for this:
This project is dead,
or just this Forum is dead.
(or the third one, im to stupid to find the latest news)

I would appreciate any UP-TO DATE News / Status reports / Updates from this Year.

What is in planning, what is done, what needs to be done etc...
What is the next version that comes out?
Is it 9.9 Xmoon University or is it Version. 4
Or are those versions the same?!

Im confused,
I would like to hear something from Official sides.

Big Thanks,

Greetings,

:D

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:32 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

As i said, 9.9 is the goal. Look at all those threads, they are people who post one or two annoying impatient rants without knowing much as to what this game is or is going to be. the issue we see here with the those people is they are so used to todays patreon/early acess marketplace that they expect every game to be developed as if they are running a campaign on donations and hype. This is a work of passion not a work of profit. Quality over quantity. This isn't an early access game, so unlike dayZ don't expect a new gun and rotten fruit each week when the engine still lets zombies walk through walls and doors. They may not give us minute to minute updates but when they KNOW, We know. when they succeed we know, I think they are being smart about it and not over-promising while the games form is still malleable. No deadlines, no back seat developers, just the artist and his sculpture. You can't rush perfections my friend. :D

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:19 am
Rank 9
Rank 9

I think this game is dead, The developers aren't really making progress still the game showed some promise.

It makes me wonder if their engine isn't setup correctly for adding new items to their game.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:18 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

didact wrote:
I think this game is dead, The developers aren't really making progress still the game showed some promise.

It makes me wonder if their engine isn't setup correctly for adding new items to their game.

That shouldn't be a problem for you. After all, none of the work you've advocated is hard, according to you, so you should be able to whip up a new game that does exactly what you want in no time at all.

The rest of us will be realistic and have a bit of patience about a game that is entirely unique in its mechanics, and has been steadily improving over time.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

The game is not dead at all.
Devs are working on a new engine, it's a small team, and it takes time.
Be sure that some of us (forum user working on mods) are sometimes in touch with dev team and they are alive and working.

It just take time because they are writing their own engine to fit their goals, it's not as fast/easy as using unity 3d or unreal engine.
In my opinion, don't expect a new release before september.

As a software developper myself, I can say that sometimes you just can't show/say anything interesting until release,
because there is nothing to show or talk about.
It's like building a car, what do you have to show until it's nearly finished ?
heyy look, big pack of wires for electrical equipment,
heyy look, metal sheets for doors, metal sheets for roof top, and metal sheets for hood.
Big nice metal gears , wow !
And Paint buckets here..

Last edited by laissemoirire on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:38 am
Rank 9
Rank 9

Not to mention Modding community that not only doing God's work by expanding the game in places, but also giving us something to do in the meantime.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

The devs seem to have a cycle where they go quiet for awhile then hit us with something big.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:47 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Well, you have a point,
But im just excited about future releases :D
Still the Forum (in my opinion) is a little unsorted,
it could need a overhaul.
Get rid off those BIG PICTURES at the beginning and make clear sections.
for example:

Community
---------------------------
Mods
Request
Ideas
Feedback
XYZ

(everything that is Community relevant, each Thread-Topic can have their own sub-threads like : Mods/Tentacle-Dreams-Mod-XY etc)

------------------------------------------------

Game Updates / News
---------------------------
New Releases
Updates
THREAD XY

(everything that's Update / news relevant, each section can have sub-threads like Updates/Update 12.11.2013 etc)

-------------------------------------------------------

Support Section
------------------------
Support Request
Ask players
Guides
FAQ

etc etc.
I hope you know what i mean. Also i dont want to sound like an asshole, it is just an opinion

EDIT: I know that the Devs couldn't have the time to cover those whishes but maybe in the future, maybe they have planned something like this.
But if not that could be an idea ;D

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:44 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

@slingshot88

Yeah we had a few discussions on this forum about re-organizing it. I don't mind it how it is, but alot of people here want it to be more like Hongfire is now or Hentaifromhell was when it was a .net forum.
It's not too bad here once you get the hang of it. I normally just click the little link in the top right that says "View unread posts", I bookmark that so when i load the xmoon forum i only see the new posts. If there is nothing there i'll click the link on the top left that says "view active topics" to see what threads people are asking for help in or releasing new mod updates on.
I think they're deep into code mode right now so the forum's minor issues are on the back burner at the moment. It's not too high traffic, there are about 30 or 40 of us that visit regularly and about 100 or so random people asking questions per month. So it's manageable even with the two moderators we have. When they feel the game is far enough along to make a big advertising push is when i think they'll change the forum. They did migrate to a better server recently so we know it is on the list of priorities for them to have a good forum.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:02 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Yeah you are right!

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]