View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What's going on with this game? 
Rank 4
Rank 4

I'm aware the team behind this game is small. So please don't take my words in the wrong tone, or with any sort of degradation.

But I remember when 3.5 was coming out, that i heard in the forums here, that rebuilding the engine would make the updates come out faster. Was the engine rebuilt with 3.5? Or are we waiting for 4.0?

Will there ever be a modding community behind this game? I mean, the mods that have come out, are somewhat interesting, but in terms of looking for other characters, new items, new environments, etc. will there ever be any updates in these areas?

I bought 3.0, and 3.5, and for what i paid, i feel i got my moneys worth, so, i'm not upset or anything. Just curious if checking these forums for new interesting updates is somewhat of a lost cause, or if something i should just check every 6 months - a year.

To wrap up, i like what the game is, at this point, but, for it to get to where i would really enjoy it, other things need to be added. More options for the girls to do, more girls, having them understand more chat things. To be completely honest, the story has never been super interesting to me, for me, i've always been most interested in creating my own story and stuff like that, but the options are very limited.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:40 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Comfortblynumb2 wrote:
I'm aware the team behind this game is small. So please don't take my words in the wrong tone, or with any sort of degradation.

But I remember when 3.5 was coming out, that i heard in the forums here, that rebuilding the engine would make the updates come out faster. Was the engine rebuilt with 3.5? Or are we waiting for 4.0?

Will there ever be a modding community behind this game? I mean, the mods that have come out, are somewhat interesting, but in terms of looking for other characters, new items, new environments, etc. will there ever be any updates in these areas?

I bought 3.0, and 3.5, and for what i paid, i feel i got my moneys worth, so, i'm not upset or anything. Just curious if checking these forums for new interesting updates is somewhat of a lost cause, or if something i should just check every 6 months - a year.

To wrap up, i like what the game is, at this point, but, for it to get to where i would really enjoy it, other things need to be added. More options for the girls to do, more girls, having them understand more chat things. To be completely honest, the story has never been super interesting to me, for me, i've always been most interested in creating my own story and stuff like that, but the options are very limited.

Version 4 is a massive rebuild to make modding and character creation alot easier
Aswell as have much better lighting and bigger scenes

Im hoping there will be a larger modding community but learning is the hardest part
Iv made a bunch of tutorials to help out this learning process
http://xmoonproductions.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3829

As for new content im working on a "Short story" with way to many endings and choices
http://xmoonproductions.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4602

There are no real limitations in creating a story (well there are a few) If you want to create a new story but don't know where to start check out those tutorials otherwise feel free to pm me and im more then happy to help or even start a thread in the modding section

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:43 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Comfortblynumb2 wrote:
Was the engine rebuilt with 3.5? Or are we waiting for 4.0?

The devs are anticipating a simultaneous release with the NVidia 3080 GTX Peltier chilled GPU with 128GB of DDR8 ram 10,000 cuda cores and running at 6900MHz base clock. Nvidia has this on their 2019 roadmap, but I think they will be able to pull it forward to late 2018 due to the liquid nitrogen hologram displays that are patented and in design for retail distribution in early 2018.

:|

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

i just hope version 4 is vive compatable with room scale, i feel they backed the wrong horse with occulus

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:51 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

its dead game guys, there's no way the dev team would have stayed silent this long otherwise

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:03 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

joe wrote:
its dead game guys, there's no way the dev team would have stayed silent this long otherwise

Unlikely, since they still respond to technical questions. My guess would be that they need day jobs to pay the bills, so there is limited time available for coding on XStoryPlayer, and hence big tasks like rewriting the entire engine will take a long time. Which is why I wish that they made more money...

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:17 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

joe wrote:

This isn't a Patreon-supported project that has to do monthly updates to avoid churn.

Most such games use an established framework, such as RPG Maker or Unity3D, and are basically adding functionality tweaks and additional content as rapidly as they can.

This game is a custom engine, and they're making major changes to it. That's not the kind of thing you can publish in chunks.

I expect that when they get the engine operating as intended for the 4.0 release, they'll do some kind of functionality demo, and then work on the necessary content.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:25 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

I don't mind being patient, but if progress takes too long on this game it's going to be over shadowed by games that develop faster.

Hopefully the revamp is as major as everyone is making it seem. Other than the (pretty complex) modding ability, version 3.5 is hardly different than version 1.0 to a casual player.

To be honest, this game still feels like it's in very early beta stages. I don't fault the developers for anything, but I don't see it gaining the success I first thought it might achieve. The dungeon makes it seem like there's a lot to do, but it gets boring super quick. The stories are kind of fun, but not worth playing more than once.

I was honestly expecting there to be a ton of user generated stories at this point, yet there isn't even 1.

I don't even come to this forum to talk about the actual game anymore. I just come to see if there are any new games being shared in the New Games section.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I lost interest in the progress of this game about a year ago.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:17 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

hardyhar wrote:
I was honestly expecting there to be a ton of user generated stories at this point, yet there isn't even 1.

:?

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Eskarn wrote:
hardyhar wrote:

:?

Yours is still a WIP. It's highly appreciated, but it doesn't count!

Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next