View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next
 Offbeatr project 
Rank 15
Rank 15

On the comments section:

Quote:
Gonna take some updates to close out the pledges. Lot of people have been disappointed by late or never updates / releases of games they wanted to see. This one is starting to look like a dud, unless they show something new coming. Otherwise, it falls 2k short of being funded.

This user is right. The project needs to be updates frequently.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@aterrizando, lokiju & everyone

I can assure you that the project is not a dud.

Its true that we have not updated for a while. The main reason for this is that we want the next version to be a real game-changer.

We are building features like:
- Mixing motion capture with physics
- New AI engine that allows for complex gameplay
- Customizable emotions for the girls based on their character
- Allowing for a lot of modding options
- Oculus Rift support

These features are a lot of work to develop, but also well worth it when finished. It would be great if we could speed up the development through the offbeatr project. But regardless I think the next version will show some great adult gaming features that have not been seen so far in any other (adult) game.

So the only thing I can say is that we are doing our utmost best to make a great game. Most games are developed of a period of 4 years. Given that our last release was 7 months ago we are giving ourselves some more time to develop.

I really hope we get the support and the offbeatr project is successful because it could help speeding things up. But in the end its a matter of trust. With the current version we have shown that we can make a good adult game, so trust us to do even much better.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
@aterrizando, lokiju & everyone

I can assure you that the project is not a dud.

Its true that we have not updated for a while. The main reason for this is that we want the next version to be a real game-changer.

We are building features like:
- Mixing motion capture with physics
- New AI engine that allows for complex gameplay
- Customizable emotions for the girls based on their character
- Allowing for a lot of modding options
- Oculus Rift support

These features are a lot of work to develop, but also well worth it when finished. It would be great if we could speed up the development through the offbeatr project. But regardless I think the next version will show some great adult gaming features that have not been seen so far in any other (adult) game.

So the only thing I can say is that we are doing our utmost best to make a great game. Most games are developed of a period of 4 years. Given that our last release was 7 months ago we are giving ourselves some more time to develop.

I really hope we get the support and the offbeatr project is successful because it could help speeding things up. But in the end its a matter of trust. With the current version we have shown that we can make a good adult game, so trust us to do even much better.

I believe in you, but I`m worried about the offbeatr.

What I m asking you is updating the project using the updates section because now the offbeatr seems dead.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@aterrizando

I was planning an update when we had reached the target, but you are correct that pledges are coming in slow lately.

I am planning to accompany the next update with some screenshots and a movie of the blowjob simulation we have developed.

Thanks for pointing it out, I will get working on it.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

aterrizando is right. I bet a new trailer but with theese just implemented features would do a great publicity. Can't wait to see it when it's done :mrgreen:

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

In two days I will add an update to offbeatr (not new release). It will show the improved interaction based on the character of the girl (a video).

Also I will add the scripts on how to change / add the responses.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Looking forward to it.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I am thinking the main website could also use some help, Black is not a very exciting or inviting color... it might sound silly but a brighter more stimulative color could get you more sales. Some colors that could be used and combined...

Green... health, tranquility
Orange... pleasure
Pink... femininity, sex
Red... excitement, sex
White... purity
Purple... sophistication
Yellow... happiness
Gray... creativity

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@weipai

There are not many black websites. Personally I think it looks ok.

When we have more time for it, we could improve it. But for now all our time goes into development.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:48 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

About updates:

Agree with aterrizando, updates are needed. I'm personally too enthusiastic about XStoryPlayer to have minded the lack of updates, but now that I think of it, on other Offbeatr projects that I have funded, the updates did matter when I formed my general impression of a project - it gave an impression on the "energy level", so to speak. It is of course unfair - you are spending your energy on coding - but that's how it looks. The update you are planning to do is great, but you should follow up with at least weekly updates. You have already posted a lot of cool stuff e.g. on the screenshots forum, why not use those also for the updates. E.g. the custom fluids stuff, and you could also use the stocks (pillory) picture and do a short piece on experimenting with user-provided models.

People rarely decide to contribute right away, but every time they visit the project page is a new opportunity to convince them to contribute. And a steady stream of updates (preferably with sexy pictures...) is a way to keep them coming back, and to raise their interest. I'm not sure whether the updates are emailed to all who voted for the project, but I would assume that to be the case, and so an update should generate a healthy spike in visitors who are potential contributors.

Remember also that updates do not have to be only about something you have already done, it can also be about something you are planning to do, as long as you can create some kind of preview or "artist's rendering" of how the feature would look like. Pictures are important! You can describe your plans and get people excited not only about what you have done, but what you are going to do. Obviously you don't want to over-commit here, but I'm sure there are features you are reasonably sure you can and will implement in the future that could be described in updates.

About website:

I think the current website is fine, and actually quite stylish when compared to the majority of erotic websites. Looks like somebody actually designed it rather than just threw it together. The current green-and-white-on-black-with-blue-accents design has a stylish, techie feel to it, which I think plays well to the technological superiority of XStoryPlayer compared to other erotic games. Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge of or experience in web site design, I just know what I like...

On a less serious note, since we are talking about the website, you might want to fix the rather "large" (in physical size, not in severity...) spelling error on the main page - it should be "an X Moon Production" rather than "a X Moon Production", since the X is pronounced "ex" which begins with a vowel. Compare with "x-rated": http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... x-rated%22

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next