View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 How to SETUP DK2 with 3.0 
Rank 3
Rank 3

this works for win 7 im not sure about other OS.
So you need to have the latest version of vorpx then in the game make sure its display settings are set to direct x mode with window mode enabled and in vorpx just make sure the check box (disable aero on game start) is NOT checked. Also have DK2 set to extended mode as the secondary display. you might want to also change the key binding for edge peek mode in vorpx settings.
(edge peek is what you will use when you are in the menu screens so you can interact with them)

Then when you run xstoryplayer with vorpx running it will still start on main screen but to move it to your rift all you have to do is hit window key + shift + arrow key left or right depending on how you have your displays set up. and there you go xstoryplayer 3.0 on oculus rift dk2 :D :D :D

The only thing is vorp x is not free i bought it a while ago to play non vr games in vr it does not officially support xstoryplayer but i decided give it a try and im glad i did :D :D

here is the website if your interested http://www.vorpx.com/

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:50 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

icemanrdc4 wrote:
this works for win 7 im not sure about other OS.
So you need to have the latest version of vorpx then in the game make sure its display settings are set to direct x mode with window mode enabled and in vorpx just make sure the check box (disable aero on game start) is NOT checked. Also have DK2 set to extended mode as the secondary display. you might want to also change the key binding for edge peek mode in vorpx settings.
(edge peek is what you will use when you are in the menu screens so you can interact with them)

Then when you run xstoryplayer with vorpx running it will still start on main screen but to move it to your rift all you have to do is hit window key + shift + arrow key left or right depending on how you have your displays set up. and there you go xstoryplayer 3.0 on oculus rift dk2 :D :D :D

The only thing is vorp x is not free i bought it a while ago to play non vr games in vr it does not officially support xstoryplayer but i decided give it a try and im glad i did :D :D

here is the website if your interested http://www.vorpx.com/

What for "reinvent the wheel"?

xpadmin wrote:
@metaasmo

DK2 patch will be released in about 10 days.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 pm
Rank 11
Rank 11

For that is so frickin' cool, well done!

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Working hard on DK2 patch. But the OR SDK is not the most friendly piece of software (to say the least).
So getting everything to work fine is pretty difficult. But the difficult part is done. :geek:

Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:01 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

ok so some ppl have reported this as spam since i posted it 3 times in different sections so im sorry for making you think that and any confusion that occurred, but i had no idea where to post it since there is not a set VR section. and i will be posting this 3 times under my original posts its not spam though ;)

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:42 pm
Rank 11
Rank 11

Quote:
Working hard on DK2 patch.

Very glad to hear it. Any chance we can get the Leap in soon too? Thinking World Of Comenius - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YiGAR0JDt0 if you really want your mind well and truly blown. Add that kind of interactivity to XSP and the world will beat off all over your door.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oculus Rift DK2 support is added.

Read more about it here.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]