View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Eskarn's Room: Modding Tutorials 
Rank 17
Rank 17

YuJuJo wrote:
Ok. I am looking through the body.ini and I plan to just change the mesh name to Body instead of body. Also (again for future experiments) I see that I can define the skeleton within the body.ini. This means that we should be able to create any skeleton we desire and change the naming within the body.ini file to match our rig in maya...right? seems like a logical conclusion that would mean that I can take my excellently rigged and weighted female and simply edit the body.ini to use my skeleton joint naming convention. anyway. moving on...

I am getting this error when I attempt to use fileMaker after creating my skinCol and binding the Body and skinCol.

characterShape Char.softskin.psSkin.elem[0] og count mismatch

Is this due to an issue with my collision mesh?

I see an enormous amount of potential here... if you are up for the idea i'd like to share files with you as I work through these experiments to see just how much control I can get over creating these characters for XSP.

If there are any major pitfalls you might know of with respect to me changing the mesh name from body to Body, please let me know.

Would need to call it body1 instead of Body i don't think maya cares about caps
But finding whatever is already called body would be the best bet
You can send me the Maya file and ill have a look if you want

For changing the base skeleton you will need to reanimate all the animations from scratch also i have no idea how the springs and joint limits might act
I would just rig it or wait for version 4 but that's just my suggestion

Quote from XPA
characterShape Char.softskin.psSkin.elem[0] og count mismatch
This issue is caused because the shader count of the mesh you use differs from the shader count that is set in the body.ini

Code:
render_skin
  {
    fog_enable = false;

elem[0]
    {
      lod[0]
      {
        mesh = "bodyShape";

og[0]
        {
          shader = "AA_body"; // <<--- Shader used for body
        }

og[1]
        {
          shader = "AA_face"; // <<--- Shader used for face
        }

og[2]
        {
          shader = "AA_tongue"; // <<-- Shader used for tongue
        }
      }

lod[1]
      {
    mesh = "skinColShape";
      }

deform = "breast";
      deform = "bottom";
    }

[..]

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Thanks for your guidance on this. I'm currently stuck and the test with file maker. I went in and tried to make sure that all the shaders that are in the body.ini exist in my maya scene but for some reason I keep getting this error. I may just start over again from the beginning. The AA_tongue shader is not in your tutorial scene with the bob character correct? At any rate I will keep poking at this until I finally get it all sorted.

Thanks again for your continued help!

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:40 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Yea i removed the shaders that i did not need but so long as the body.ini has the same shaders written as what is on the body it will work

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:01 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Can you give me an example of how to setup both Monica and Saiko's genitals to add the sticky/ stretchy mucus from the blowjob pose to the thighs, vagina and penis during penetration?

Or better yet is there a tutorial that shows how to add the mucus?

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:11 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Having a bit of trouble with the eyes. I'm not used to Eye setup like this as typically there is a left and right eye joint that dictates the rotation of the eyes when looking. When I try to adjust the eyes and change the pivot point (insert) in maya they just bounce back to being outside of the character's head. I tried to break the connections on the parent constraint, then move the eyes into position and re-apply the parent constraint but the eyes seem to behave strangely in game. Not sure what the "Home" key does but I must not be using it correctly :(

Thank you for your help...ALMOST THERE!

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:50 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

YuJuJo wrote:
Having a bit of trouble with the eyes. I'm not used to Eye setup like this as typically there is a left and right eye joint that dictates the rotation of the eyes when looking. When I try to adjust the eyes and change the pivot point (insert) in maya they just bounce back to being outside of the character's head. I tried to break the connections on the parent constraint, then move the eyes into position and re-apply the parent constraint but the eyes seem to behave strangely in game. Not sure what the "Home" key does but I must not be using it correctly :(

Thank you for your help...ALMOST THERE!

I would go back to a save where you have not broken the connections then select the 3 eye pieces either left of right then press "insert" and move the pivot point and it should move the eyes then align them up where you need them and thats it

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:28 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

I was able to get the eyes fixed and get my character in the game but honestly no longer have the time to go any further. What is going on with this game? haven't heard a peep from the devs in a long while so it would be nice to have some news for those of us that are choosing to stick with it...

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:31 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Quote:
I was able to get the eyes fixed and get my character in the game but honestly no longer have the time to go any further. What is going on with this game? haven't heard a peep from the devs in a long while so it would be nice to have some news for those of us that are choosing to stick with it...

Would be awesome if xpadmin would simply answer "Peep" to this xD

But there are so many threads where people kinda bitch around that issue....so I just make a guess

From what I read, they currently recode the engine to their needs and satisfaction (is the game already finished and they use it for themselfs? Haha just kidding)
I have no clues about coding etc....but I take a wild gues...writing a whole engine isn´t something you´ll do over night, so it kinda takes time.

And there is no progression comment/up to date thread that features the current status of the game....people want that I can understand

But from the other side..... if you would develop a game and people want "weekly?" updates for example....would you give them every single progress you´ve achieved? "Today I added 0100 0100 0100" to code line 234t568hf" hope you guys are happy" xD
I belive if you would do that...then there would be so many people that known everything better......

But personally I am very happy that this Forum is kinda quiet and they don´t start posting insulting threads etc....that would kinda slow things down even more.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:43 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

ItsDamon wrote:
Quote:

Would be awesome if xpadmin would simply answer "Peep" to this xD

But there are so many threads where people kinda bitch around that issue....so I just make a guess

From what I read, they currently recode the engine to their needs and satisfaction (is the game already finished and they use it for themselfs? Haha just kidding)
I have no clues about coding etc....but I take a wild gues...writing a whole engine isn´t something you´ll do over night, so it kinda takes time.

And there is no progression comment/up to date thread that features the current status of the game....people want that I can understand

But from the other side..... if you would develop a game and people want "weekly?" updates for example....would you give them every single progress you´ve achieved? "Today I added 0100 0100 0100" to code line 234t568hf" hope you guys are happy" xD
I belive if you would do that...then there would be so many people that known everything better......

But personally I am very happy that this Forum is kinda quiet and they don´t start posting insulting threads etc....that would kinda slow things down even more.

Lol that would be great! XD "peep...peep peep..... .....Peep." I have to agree with you honestly. This is more of a whine than a legitimate post. The game is far beyond any adult game available now and is still in it's early stages... When they do decide to release their next version of the game, i'm sure it will blow our...minds! That being said... i'm going to shut up now lol

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:21 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Just wow... go on and say... you did tell us...:) I could cry...

Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next