View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Eskarn's Room: Modding Tutorials 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hello, I Fould like to add the creatures to my Dungeon. How Can I do ???

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:32 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

You would need to copy the creatures over and edit their spawn points
their spawn points are in the init files
Code:
scene_id = DUNGEON1;
    waypoint = "table2Wp11";

That would spawn one on the table

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:10 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Sorry to necropost, but I searched the forums and didn't see any mention of this so figured I'd ask.

How can I change where the city map waypoints send you? I'd like to set it up so that when you click the Office icon on the city map in Tentacle Dreams story, it takes you directly to floor 16 as though you've just exited the elevator. I want to bypass the long elevator wait time when traveling to the office.

I've been digging through .dat files and though I'm sure there is mention of the city map somewhere here, I just can't find it. I've tried various search strings but I don't know what keywords I should be searching for so I'm drawing a blank.

Similarly, would it be easier to change the speed of the elevator timer? I'm not certain that the elevator actually moves, I suspect that it doesn't and that when you press the 16 button, it simply starts a timer. Is this true? If so, where is that value located?

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:51 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

What you are looking for is the scene files found here
pack_tentacle_dreams\init\stories\tentacle_dreams\scenes

office0.dat is the ground floor and office16.dat is the players work floor

i think all you would have to do is change the closed0 and closed1 to match and change the city_pos
and locked = true then unlock the scene in

pack_tentacle_dreams\init\stories\tentacle_dreams\mains\player\brain\code\run
run6_state.dat

Code:
    loc.ss.id     = OFFICE16;
    loc.ss.locked = false;
    SetScene(loc.ss);

it does not look like there's any driving code inside of the ground floor so it should be fine to just teleport to the office

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks, Eskarn! I didn't change the closed0 or closed1 values yet, might adjust that later to allow the player to get into the office at other times of day if need be. I also didn't change the city_pos value as I wasn't sure what xyz coords I should to change it to.

I set "locked = true" to "false" in office0.dat, though I'm not 100% certain what that did.

I also changed the code as you recommended in run6_state.dat and now when you try to go to the office it does exactly what I wanted--you immediately load in the entry room of floor 16 as though you've just exited the elevator. Interestingly, these changes moved the Office icon on the city map to a different position, and the icon now reads as Office16. I'm not concerned with those oddities though, they can persist for all I care. :)

I'm trying to slowly convert the Tentacle Dreams story into something of a hybrid between the story and dungeon. I've already incorporated some of the adjustments made in the Tentacle Dreams Ex mod someone converted from 3.0 (like the ability to touch and play with the girls before you're normally able to, and bringing in some of the sex toys to Saiko's room and the office).

Next step is going to be figuring out a way to halt the story progress but make the girls seem more active. Eventually I want to make the girls "sandbox" around their rooms in simple ways, sort of like how Monica moves around her office while you're working on her computer. I'll have Monica sit at her desk for a while, then get up and move to the sofa to lie down for a nap, then wake back up and go back to sit at her computer again. Meanwhile the player will be able to play with her in each position she puts herself into. I've already started incorporated some code from a different thread explaining how to put the girls into a limp pose (rift's code, i think), right now when Monica sits on the sofa as she waits for you to fix her computer, you can pose her a bit. I'm a ways off from where I want that to be, though.. she still reverts back to her initial pose when I really want her to go into a pure ragdoll/limp pose. Baby steps, I'll figure it out eventually. :)

I'm hoping that eventually I'll figure out a way to move the girls around depending on the time of day. I could have Saiko work at the office (in the windowed cubicle computer room maybe), and then maybe at night Monica goes and visits Saiko in her apartment. That sort of thing.

I'll be removing most of the story entirely, if I can, and it'll be more like a dungeon experience except the girls will be just sort of living their daily lives while the player gets to enjoy them in various ways. It's probably beyond my capabilities but I want to try to incorporate some of the great Dungeon Ex features also. I'm a long way off from that though. I also need to figure out how to get the girls to accept commands like in the dungeon. (Example: "monica open mouth" - currently if you tell her this in the office she just continues to repeat her scripted lines about either telling you to fix her computer, or telling you to go home)

This is all pretty early in the process and I'm pretty new to modding/coding, so I'll probably have a bunch of questions over the next few weeks. Apologies in advance, and hopefully this will actually lead to something worth sharing with the rest of XSP players.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:39 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Sounds good, If you want to change the icon position just copy the icon position from office0 to office16

To get them to follow commands you need to have those words in the NLP (there's a NLP tutorial in my links below)
But most words should be there already, then you need to enable the brain debug (Should be in the getting started section on the wiki)

Then you say the words you want and check the trace.txt and reference those in the ref file and when they get called they point to the correct run task

so "I lost my cat" will return cat.me.lose.me.get
then in the ref file you can get it to do something

Code:
cat.me.lose.me.get =
{
  talk.s = "Oh did you lose your cat {gname}";
}

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Wow Eskarn, nice work.
I am still a newbie with Maya and do i need it? if i want duplications with other names?

I would like to know how i can add more characters to the dungeon in Fast Sex option.
Maybe small variations on existing.

IToobad however i cannot use Blender for the modeling of the girls or edit the mesh.. too bad!
I could create tons more

But for now i just want to use the loveparty mod and it's functionality and add a bunch of new names to command and play around with.

how would you go about that in the least ammounts of steps.. maybe even without Maya?

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

You can still create the meshes in Blender and then port them over to Maya
There is a fully rigged character in the tutorial resource pack (download it from the account manager)
Then you would need to keep it as aligned as possible and copy the skin weights over

However the game gets really laggy with more then 3 main characters due to the calculations with the skin colliders colliding with clothing and fluids

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:29 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

Thanks for the quick reply.
I am still learning also how to do animations in blender.
While beginner level c# unity programming.

But I can't get my head around the way the dat files do what they do.

Basicly.
My goal now was to combine some mods that exist here.
Like the love party, rape and blowjob.
And add nore bodies in the scene and menu.

Maybe later worry about things like create a totally new character.

I would love to know about what part does what.
There is no detailed description on what part of the .bin file does something.

I could make tone of mmm models levels and scenery.
No problem (inanimate).

Sorry get off track.

So in short.
Do you know how I can combine mods
And add more named to spawn that repress t another version Monica or sailor with same usability.

Like they did with Jessica and Laura?

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:54 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hey Eskarn,

Thanks for all the work you've done. I love all your mods.

Got a random question for ya.

Do you know how to increase the depth of vagina to fit the alien penis?

Been trying to figure it out, but keep going in circles.

Thanks.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next