View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 pm



Reply to topic  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Author Message
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:46 am
Posts: 9
Christopher72 wrote:

I'm still thinking that this is more of a social experiment... This may be the first time I've looked at this forum in 2018...
8-) Getting to a "check back next year" model to see if my account still logs in....

As others have said -- This has become more of a curiosity rather than something that will actually be released... and there are other products being developed in more open beta fashion to allow us to forget about Xstory, except for an annual peruse of the scant posts in the forums... to be honest I tend to see if Eskarn has developed something since that's a more realistic probability....

Enjoy the close of 2018...


Hmmmm but here is the thing. Someone is paying to keep the website alive, (Most likely @xpadming). Otherwise, this website would be closed by now. However this raises another Q. Why is he keeping the website alive if he is not going to use it? .... Something else is going on. They have to be either extremely busy upto a point where they dont even have time to post few words...... Idk what else :?


Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:16 am
Profile
Rank 17
Rank 17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Posts: 592
Location: Australia
If you say you will have this done by this time them people expect it to be
If you say you will make this then people expect it to be made

This adds pressure and expectation to your work and you start to worry when you can't deliver on what you said
you start to rush and cut corners to get it done

Take my new Doc story for instance, i said it would be done by X and it was way past that
so i cut a lot of corners to get it finished and just release it
Now if i had just worked on it and finished it when i has happy with it
i would feel less "hatred" towards my own work because it's not as good as i wanted it to be
but i burnt myself out working on it that i don't want to go back and fix it

Simple Solution, don't promise anything and work in your own time at your own pace

The UE4 game im working on now and have been for a year or somewhere around that
i enjoy working on it because i have no expectations and no pressure
i simply work on some bits when i feel like it and slowly it progresses

I think this is the approach that XPA has decided to take

_________________
Pickled Cow's USING THE FILEMAKER

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)


Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 2
Rank 2
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:18 pm
Posts: 4
Location: On my couch
Eskarn wrote:
If you say you will have this done by this time them people expect it to be
If you say you will make this then people expect it to be made

This adds pressure and expectation to your work and you start to worry when you can't deliver on what you said
you start to rush and cut corners to get it done

Take my new Doc story for instance, i said it would be done by X and it was way past that
so i cut a lot of corners to get it finished and just release it
Now if i had just worked on it and finished it when i has happy with it
i would feel less "hatred" towards my own work because it's not as good as i wanted it to be
but i burnt myself out working on it that i don't want to go back and fix it

Simple Solution, don't promise anything and work in your own time at your own pace

The UE4 game im working on now and have been for a year or somewhere around that
i enjoy working on it because i have no expectations and no pressure
i simply work on some bits when i feel like it and slowly it progresses

I think this is the approach that XPA has decided to take


I'm afraid you don't understand how business works, mate.

When you advertise a product, regardless of where it is being advertised, and you charge money for said product, you have a duty towards your customers to keep them in the loop, regardless of whether or not there's a specific date anywhere.

I already consider this as a vaporware because of the lack of communication. How long has it been since the last update on the project? A year? Over a year?

Without communicating, any developer comes off as very unprofessional.

I couldn't care less if the game spent 3-4 years more in development as long as i can read some bits of updated information now and then. That is after all what most of us paid for.

As a game developer, you should always expect pressure and expectation towards your projects. If you can't take the pressure or expectations, you shouldn't be developing games, period.

The website might just be up to sell more copies of the unfinished game for all we know.

_________________
"Saiko suck my dick"

"I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)


Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
Rank 17
Rank 17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Posts: 592
Location: Australia
Verybad wrote:
I'm afraid you don't understand how business works, mate.

When you advertise a product, regardless of where it is being advertised, and you charge money for said product, you have a duty towards your customers to keep them in the loop, regardless of whether or not there's a specific date anywhere.

I already consider this as a vaporware because of the lack of communication. How long has it been since the last update on the project? A year? Over a year?

Without communicating, any developer comes off as very unprofessional.

I couldn't care less if the game spent 3-4 years more in development as long as i can read some bits of updated information now and then. That is after all what most of us paid for.

As a game developer, you should always expect pressure and expectation towards your projects. If you can't take the pressure or expectations, you shouldn't be developing games, period.

The website might just be up to sell more copies of the unfinished game for all we know.

Version 3.5 and version 4 are 2 completely different products
If you own 3.5 it does not automatically entitle you to version 4

X Moon Productions might be nice and offer a discount on their newest versions if you own the older ones but thats it
It would be like going i bought Oblivion why don't i get Skyrim because its on the same engine

Since you have not paid for a product that is not released yet they are under no obligations to talk about anything
They don't even have to finish it if they don't want to, because no one has bought it

_________________
Pickled Cow's USING THE FILEMAKER

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)


Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:17 pm
Posts: 6
man i hope it comes out soon, 3.5 was really fuckin good.


Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm
Profile
Rank 8
Rank 8

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:13 pm
Posts: 37
Eskarn wrote:
Verybad wrote:
I'm afraid you don't understand how business works, mate.

When you advertise a product, regardless of where it is being advertised, and you charge money for said product, you have a duty towards your customers to keep them in the loop, regardless of whether or not there's a specific date anywhere.

I already consider this as a vaporware because of the lack of communication. How long has it been since the last update on the project? A year? Over a year?

Without communicating, any developer comes off as very unprofessional.

I couldn't care less if the game spent 3-4 years more in development as long as i can read some bits of updated information now and then. That is after all what most of us paid for.

As a game developer, you should always expect pressure and expectation towards your projects. If you can't take the pressure or expectations, you shouldn't be developing games, period.

The website might just be up to sell more copies of the unfinished game for all we know.

Version 3.5 and version 4 are 2 completely different products
If you own 3.5 it does not automatically entitle you to version 4

X Moon Productions might be nice and offer a discount on their newest versions if you own the older ones but thats it
It would be like going i bought Oblivion why don't i get Skyrim because its on the same engine

Since you have not paid for a product that is not released yet they are under no obligations to talk about anything
They don't even have to finish it if they don't want to, because no one has bought it


Thats not completly right.

Attachment:
XMOON.JPG
XMOON.JPG [ 33.37 KiB | Viewed 339 times ]


Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile
Rank 17
Rank 17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Posts: 592
Location: Australia
If you can show me where to buy anything greater then 3.5 then I'll happily admit i was wrong.
Unless you were a backer or something like that then you might be entitled to any released version
Attachment:
payments.jpg
payments.jpg [ 215.79 KiB | Viewed 331 times ]

_________________
Pickled Cow's USING THE FILEMAKER

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)


Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Online
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:49 pm
Posts: 3
Eskarn

some of us paid 3-digit $'s a few years ago....and were entitled to all future versions.... so, there is no need to buy 4.0 or 5.0. And thanks for your excellent contributions to the community!!
Cheers
Hans


Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:48 am
Profile
Rank 17
Rank 17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Posts: 592
Location: Australia
In that case i was wrong, i apologize and those that bought the "all" package are entitled to all the released versions.
I do agree that XPA should say something even if its every 6 months and its just saying "Hi, still working on it".

I know that XPA is still working on it and i know that it will still take awhile
and when it does come out ill be modding it, making tutorials and modding documentation.
(i would do modding documentation for 3.5 but i don't really see the point)

_________________
Pickled Cow's USING THE FILEMAKER

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)


Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Rank 17
Rank 17

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Posts: 481
Some did pay for all versions but everyone, think it was Before or just after version 1 came out :)


Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hjwie and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.