View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:11 pm



Reply to topic  [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 65  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Author Message
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm
Posts: 8
I've been waiting for new information.Wish the game finished as soon as possible


Fri May 31, 2019 12:17 pm
Profile
Rank 1
Rank 1

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 am
Posts: 2
Abooboeba wrote:
I dont understand. They have everything to gain from just making a small post about v4. But i know i will keep coming back every month to check the forum for updates until i die because there isnt anything like this game out there


You are wrong about "because there isnt anything like this game out there"

Currently Virt a Mate with the abbreviation (VaM), is much higher to XStoryPlayer, and also supports NONVR, I invite you to try it, the infinity of options to recreate your perfect girl and create animation scene is amazing.

PS: It's told by someone who was like you, just thinking that XStoryPlayer was and will be the best game of this generation, until I tried Virt a Mate (VaM).


Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Profile
Rank 13
Rank 13

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm
Posts: 103
Just a couple thoughts to add to recent comments.

First, Virt-a-Mate isn't similar to XStory at all. About the only thing in common are some soft-body physics interactions. No gameplay elements at all. There might be a good future for that project, but right now, it's just a tech demonstration.

Second, if the devs posted a comment like "development is ongoing" periodically, people would soon start to whine about the lack of details, and it'd be no different than the complaints about no updates at all. I can practically read the future posts explaining that just because they say they're working on it doesn't mean they are, and that unless they provide some details, we shouldn't believe that the game isn't dead.

If they knew what will end up in the next version, and when it will be fit for the release, they'd almost certainly say so. It seems clear to me that they don't know what they'll be able to deliver or when, and don't want to make promises on either front (which is what any discussion of details or release date would be interpreted as by the kind of people who curiously keep coming back to claim the project is dead, over and over).

Ultimately, nothing anyone writes here is going to impact when or if the game is released.


Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:30 pm
Profile
Rank 7
Rank 7

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 pm
Posts: 31
Sursista wrote:
Abooboeba wrote:
I dont understand. They have everything to gain from just making a small post about v4. But i know i will keep coming back every month to check the forum for updates until i die because there isnt anything like this game out there


[b]You are wrong about "because there isnt anything like this game out there"

Currently Virt a Mate with the abbreviation (VaM), is much higher to XStoryPlayer, and also supports NONVR, I invite you to try it, the infinity of options to recreate your perfect girl and create animation scene is amazing.


Can you use VaM without a vr headset?? i seen a while back where someone said you could but i havent been able to find any info on the patron site


Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:30 pm
Profile
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:41 pm
Posts: 5
D1ESEL_614 wrote:
Can you use VaM without a vr headset?? i seen a while back where someone said you could but i havent been able to find any info on the patron site


You can, with limited functionality. IMO it's nowhere near XSP in terms of general interactivity.


Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 pm
Profile
Rank 17
Rank 17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Posts: 662
Location: Australia
I downloaded VaM to see if it was different to last time
Again it has really good characters, physics and some trigger zones
And yes you could make some really good scenes however thats it

The greatest thing about X Story Player is its easy to edit code
I have made a blackjack and poker game with cards that show up on the table
i have made a physics puzzle map with statues that turn around and a INFURIATING ball game

I don't think XPA ever intended the game to be used to do such things but it is possible

I still fully intend to make my RPG game and heres the thing, code wise i can make it now
however in 3.5 the lighting and how the engine handles the models would let it down

_________________
To install a mod

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)


Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:33 am
Profile
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:32 pm
Posts: 8
2019 is gonna be the year we all know it


Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:14 pm
Profile
Rank 7
Rank 7

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Posts: 29
Eskarn wrote:
I downloaded VaM to see if it was different to last time
Again it has really good characters, physics and some trigger zones
And yes you could make some really good scenes however thats it

The greatest thing about X Story Player is its easy to edit code
I have made a blackjack and poker game with cards that show up on the table
i have made a physics puzzle map with statues that turn around and a INFURIATING ball game

I don't think XPA ever intended the game to be used to do such things but it is possible

I still fully intend to make my RPG game and heres the thing, code wise i can make it now
however in 3.5 the lighting and how the engine handles the models would let it down


Come on Eskarn, give us a tiny sip of news man. I managed to develop a company while waiting for the new version.


Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:41 pm
Profile
Rank 11
Rank 11

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 74
greyhound wrote:
D1ESEL_614 wrote:
Can you use VaM without a vr headset?? i seen a while back where someone said you could but i havent been able to find any info on the patron site


You can, with limited functionality. IMO it's nowhere near XSP in terms of general interactivity.


Having tried VaM superficially, this is correct. VaM is still more a tech demo - although one with lots of configurability - than an actual game.

However, VaM is being actively developed. In a year or so it might be roughly comparable to XSP sans stories. The simulation tech will probably take a little longer to catch up (unbuttoning and fluid simulation currently missing, to name a few, simulated hair already working though), and it will depend a lot on Unity engine capabilities. On the other hand, graphics are much better already now simply by virtue of using Unity engine (V2 to use Unity HDRP) and DaZ figures (which also gives VaM a future-proof source of figure upgrades). I don't expect to see story-type content for a while though, likely VaM development work will concentrate on improving the technology for a long time, with content mainly being developed to demonstrate the technology.

So, lots of work remaining, but most promising alternative to XSP I've seen so far. It's an engineer's porn game though, you have quite low level access to all the figure controls and having prior experience with DaZ figures helps a lot in understanding how e.g. the morphs work. In a way this is promising - the author is providing a huge amount of control to users and (I'm guessing) will rely on users to produce content for the game. In any case, good enough for me to support their Patreon.


Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:21 pm
Profile
Rank 12
Rank 12

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 am
Posts: 86
Sparrow wrote:
Come on Eskarn, give us a tiny sip of news man. I managed to develop a company while waiting for the new version.


Haha comment of the week! Since this time last year, I've rebranded 19 businesses and I'm continuing to provide marketing support for all of them. You wouldn't happen to need branding, print or marketing support, would you? :)


Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 65  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.