View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Maybe it's just anxiety. The project may not be where he thought it'd go, and he's trying to avoid the stress of trying to explain. You know, when you owe a local shop some money, you change your way on the street, that kind of thing.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:46 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

somewhite wrote:
Maybe it's just anxiety. The project may not be where he thought it'd go, and he's trying to avoid the stress of trying to explain. You know, when you owe a local shop some money, you change your way on the street, that kind of thing.

I think a lot of us can relate to that, me especially. The anxiety thing, not owing people money. Well, I do owe people money :roll: But anyway, for him to sit behind his keyboard safely and simply say "I'm sorry I'm neglecting you all, thanks for your patience, I'm still working on it" should be easy enough.

I know we'd all continue to support him and keep being patient if he just showed up once in a while. Doesn't matter how long it takes to happen, as long as he manages our expectations and tells us it's still happening.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:36 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

Yeah what I meant with money was just an example for a possible guilt. I didn't mean he owes anyone money.
You are right though.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

somewhite wrote:
Yeah what I meant with money was just an example for a possible guilt. I didn't mean he owes anyone money.
You are right though.

Hah I know, I was trying to make a joke. Never mind :roll:

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:39 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

I wasn't going to mention this, but after looking over the last several posts, I thought that I should mention it...
I recently talked to xpadmin because I had some really specific questions that I thought warranted a PM, and he told me that the dev team is in a state of "radio silence" because they're at a point in development wherein they (or, at least, he) feels that regular updates on the development of 4.0 are less worthwhile than just... you know, continuing to work on it.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that 4.0 is significantly closer to completion now than any of us suspect. And I'm especially excited, because there haven't been any updates since I found this game, personally.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

meem wrote:
It's a bit like a car manufacturer that is saying absolutely nothing about their new car. You know it's coming some day but when and how it looks ... who knows. But you know it will be a good car :D

Or like many company that go bankrupcy, you get no information till one day, everything is closed and there is a "for sale" panel on the door.
There is a line between no spoiler and nothing at all. In this peculiar case, it's more nothing at all. No news from couple of years. Even microsoft didn't do that for so long.

So please, give us something.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:45 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

How long will 4.0 be developed? :?

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:02 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

k54088088540 wrote:
How long will 4.0 be developed? :?

Until its finished.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:32 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

With 4.0 still no where to be seen I have been checking out all the other real-time 3d games out there to see if there is something like X-player out there.
Some great projects for sure, such as The Twist, City of Pleasures and Sunbay, Mandys Room etc but the thing that keeps me coming back to X-story is the cloth physics and freedom.

The two best things, for me are the way clothes actually hang and move on the models, they are not just textures pasted on, and the ace card -you can actually undo buttons and take them off!
The second thing is that you can get them into poses yourself, drag them and move them around seamlessly, without a fade-to-black cut or transition.

I've seen no game like it out now or coming soon -unless someone can direct me to something I may have missed.
That's why I truly hope we see 4.0 see the light of day soon.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

ScAtMaN_UK Good talking. :D

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 84  Next