View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 16
Rank 16

didact wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:
UNIT2651 wrote:
a Date of release ?

They still have to code the character creator and the stories, if not other things like new models and such. There is far too much to do to even try to make a guess at when it will be released. Give it another year probably.

You make game development sound complicated. I've done tools like that for gamejams within two days. As for breaking down specifics! Stories aren't that complicated infact its only getting all the information that takes the longest and considering the stories in this game aren't that complicated and rely on the player triggering events that's just a matter of recycling the same template and filling in the necessary information.

However! You can automate that process.

As for ArtPass they've seem to have done the biggest part of it with the scenes and environments, characters depending on the artist can be sculpt, rigged and optimized in a short amount of time compared to large environments along with animations.

Now. The character creator depending on what they are doing if its a series of sliders then that can be easily built and optimize over a few days or a week.

See, now have you used engines like Unity, or do you code everything yourself? I'm used to coding everything myself, and trying to figure a part of a game out mentally and getting it working, even in a very basic 2D space with code that is in no way up to professional standards can still take me days.

Plus, how is the character creator that easy? I've never played with 3D modelling much (if in only due to a hilarious lack of art skills), but I've always been amazed with games that allow you to edit 3D models in-game for character creators and such. That always seemed like it was programatically complicated to do. Is it a lot simpler than I've been thinking it is?

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:59 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Thanks for the update, it looks very nice :D

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Glad to hear some news about the development of the game.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I have one important question. I have paid up to version 3.5 so I will need to buy the next version. How Much??

Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:28 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Just one question, the school is Saint Hubbert? (Tiffany's school)

I hope the main story is good enough.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:09 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gamesman wrote:
I have one important question. I have paid up to version 3.5 so I will need to buy the next version. How Much??

I think you pay the left over for the next version. Like if you pay $50 then you pay $20 instead to upgrade...although I haven't upgrade mine yet, so I don't know either.

Other than that, I going to enjoy the version 4 when it is release. The campus is big from the looks and sound of it being posted. Now, just need to wait until I get to dig in the those females. HAHAHAHA.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Piperpeeper wrote:
Gamesman wrote:

I think you pay the left over for the next version. Like if you pay $50 then you pay $20 instead to upgrade...although I haven't upgrade mine yet, so I don't know either.

Other than that, I going to enjoy the version 4 when it is release. The campus is big from the looks and sound of it being posted. Now, just need to wait until I get to dig in the those females. HAHAHAHA.

I seem to remember there was a way to pay a lot more to get all future versions (or as they say, up to v9.9). Now that I can see there is happening something, I am in the mood to pay a little more just to encourage if nothing else... :)
But I can't seem to find any other payment options than $18 via gaming coin.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

will you be supporting the vive this time? having played some of the adult vr games i can say now nothing will spring load my wallet faster then vive support.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:05 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
didact wrote:
You make game development sound complicated. I've done tools like that for gamejams within two days. As for breaking down specifics! Stories aren't that complicated infact its only getting all the information that takes the longest and considering the stories in this game aren't that complicated and rely on the player triggering events that's just a matter of recycling the same template and filling in the necessary information.

However! You can automate that process.

As for ArtPass they've seem to have done the biggest part of it with the scenes and environments, characters depending on the artist can be sculpt, rigged and optimized in a short amount of time compared to large environments along with animations.

Now. The character creator depending on what they are doing if its a series of sliders then that can be easily built and optimize over a few days or a week.

See, now have you used engines like Unity, or do you code everything yourself? I'm used to coding everything myself, and trying to figure a part of a game out mentally and getting it working, even in a very basic 2D space with code that is in no way up to professional standards can still take me days.

Plus, how is the character creator that easy? I've never played with 3D modelling much (if in only due to a hilarious lack of art skills), but I've always been amazed with games that allow you to edit 3D models in-game for character creators and such. That always seemed like it was programatically complicated to do. Is it a lot simpler than I've been thinking it is?

You can ignore that guy. He thinks every part of any game takes a couple days to bang out. Which is why, since he started making those ridiculous claims months ago, he's released XStory equivalents several times over. He must have just forgotten to link to them.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like to thank everyone for the compliments!
Putting screenshots out there is somewhat of a risk, and I am very glad people like them :).

Things are far from ready, so please bear with us for some time.
Making things in engines like Unreal and Unity goes (initially) a lot faster for understandable reasons.
Developing a custom engine however is in my opinion still the way to go, if you want to set your game apart from other games.

We will take all suggestions that are given to heart and aim to bring you a great game.
Our only enemy at this time is time itself.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 84  Next