View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 4
Rank 4

hjwie wrote:
Someone is maintaining this website.... and this has a price tag associated with it... so if XPADMIN would give a shit - he would have terminated this website a long time ago! And the fact that even 3.5 is much better than anything out there should not make us fall into some sort of a depression mode! Enjoy it ... and even if 4.0 never will be released - let's face it - you have probably spent the few dollars for worse things in your past! Keep up your spirit and keep modding!!

Ofc it is a really awesome game ... we can even say one of a kind (that's why some of us still waiting). But that's very unprofessional behavior. The website will be online, because brings benefits (new ppl buying the game).
Personally i don't regret the money spent for this game ... that's for sure . But i would like to know whether to wait or forget.

Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

SunBlast wrote:
hjwie wrote:
Someone is maintaining this website.... and this has a price tag associated with it... so if XPADMIN would give a shit - he would have terminated this website a long time ago! And the fact that even 3.5 is much better than anything out there should not make us fall into some sort of a depression mode! Enjoy it ... and even if 4.0 never will be released - let's face it - you have probably spent the few dollars for worse things in your past! Keep up your spirit and keep modding!!

Ofc it is a really awesome game ... we can even say one of a kind (that's why some of us still waiting). But that's very unprofessional behavior. The website will be online, because brings benefits (new ppl buying the game).
Personally i don't regret the money spent for this game ... that's for sure . But i would like to know whether to wait or forget.

Uh...you can always just forget about this game for a very long time and come back later like couple years later. The reason to this suggestion is that, I done that and still doing that to this day, just for this game.

Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

What gives me at least some hope is the fact that xpadmin still logs in to this forum from time to time. Last visit was in april.

Thu May 21, 2020 3:13 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

jackal27 wrote:
What gives me at least some hope is the fact that xpadmin still logs in to this forum from time to time. Last visit was in april.

Well, I'm glad he's alive and well and all, but that's actually pretty damn rude man.

Thu May 21, 2020 5:38 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

IIT0NE wrote:
SunBlast wrote:
In this case i would be happy, to see any message from Admin ... even simple "I don't care" .

This. I'd be happy even if XPAdmin wrote a simple "fuck you all". At least we'd know what his intentions were.

The Devs intentions are very clear, they made a game and sold it. They started making a new version as per their long term plan.

*How long will it take? As long as it takes, I'm guessing it is more of a passion project than a business for them, but the vast majority of games take longer to make than estimated before starting.
*Shouldn't they communicate with us on forums? There's no need to, they could give some feedback as to the new versions progression, but it is probably safer if they don't. They could say hello once in a while, just to get bombarded with 100 questions about the new version. It's less of a distraction to not communicate and then take the time to get the work done to a gold standard.
*But we deserve to know whats going on!?! No you don't, again they sold a game, you bought it, end of process. You wouldn't expect the likes of EA or Ubisoft etc, to update you on aspects of their new games in development just because you bought one of their games in the past. Whenever they do, it's only to market and start building hype for the launch of a game.
*But what if the game is never released? Then its never released, games get cancelled in development every day. You haven't lost anything, because it didn't cost you anything.

On a lighter note;
@XPAdmin I hope you are going to add a Pandemic Scenario to the new version, where we have to go out and buy all the toilet paper and hand sanitiser, and only communicate with other characters via zoom, while trying not to go insane.
@Everyone else, hope you are all safe and well.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:27 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pogmothoin wrote:
IIT0NE wrote:
SunBlast wrote:
In this case i would be happy, to see any message from Admin ... even simple "I don't care" .

This. I'd be happy even if XPAdmin wrote a simple "fuck you all". At least we'd know what his intentions were.

The Devs intentions are very clear, they made a game and sold it. They started making a new version as per their long term plan.

*How long will it take? As long as it takes, I'm guessing it is more of a passion project than a business for them, but the vast majority of games take longer to make than estimated before starting.
*Shouldn't they communicate with us on forums? There's no need to, they could give some feedback as to the new versions progression, but it is probably safer if they don't. They could say hello once in a while, just to get bombarded with 100 questions about the new version. It's less of a distraction to not communicate and then take the time to get the work done to a gold standard.
*But we deserve to know whats going on!?! No you don't, again they sold a game, you bought it, end of process. You wouldn't expect the likes of EA or Ubisoft etc, to update you on aspects of their new games in development just because you bought one of their games in the past. Whenever they do, it's only to market and start building hype for the launch of a game.
*But what if the game is never released? Then its never released, games get cancelled in development every day. You haven't lost anything, because it didn't cost you anything.

On a lighter note;
@XPAdmin I hope you are going to add a Pandemic Scenario to the new version, where we have to go out and buy all the toilet paper and hand sanitiser, and only communicate with other characters via zoom, while trying not to go insane.
@Everyone else, hope you are all safe and well.

Summary - There is no point, waiting for the new version (as "Piperpeeper" said more simply) xD
Referring to your post, this "forum" should be closed as well (after all they don't have to communicate with us).
Never mind ... I will follow the hint and just forget, about this forum and game. So i hang up ;)

Sun May 24, 2020 5:43 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

Pogmothoin wrote:
*But we deserve to know whats going on!?! No you don't, again they sold a game, you bought it, end of process.

Except that the next version of the game was also sold via the crowdfunding (Offbeatr) project that let people buy also the future games in advance, as a way to support the team. As with any crowdfunding project, there is of course always the risk that the project does not deliver, and the buyers accepted that risk. But those buyers are entitled to know whether the project is going to deliver or not.

Mon May 25, 2020 10:59 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

has this been Abandoned?

Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:11 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Atomic0907 wrote:
has this been Abandoned?

No one really knows at the moment, apart from XPAdmin and his team. It would be nice to get a hint either way.

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:28 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I've been lurking on this forum for years. Checking ever so often if anything was said or announced. There are users that will defend the devs no matter what. Making a game from scratch takes time, I get that. But making excuses for them is no good either. some say "they just don't want to show unfinished work" okay fine, I get that. But a roadmap is not some unreasonable thing to expect.

Some say "they just want to focus on the project" It takes all of 5 mins to say something, anything at all. Radio silence for months to a year at a time is not professional in the slightest. You will have to forgive people for thinking they abandoned it.

Some use the argument that the site is still up, and that it cost money to run. That is true, but they also cant sell 3.5 if the site is down. That said this forum is not exactly huge it cost very little to host text, and the odd picture. Assuming its not just hosted on a server in one of the devs closets. I'm sure the downloader is factored into that though as well. But again they cant sell 3.5 without it.

People use the argument that "this game is better than anything else out there so its worth the wait". But Honestly while this game is good nothing about it amazes me. Nothing about it is groundbreaking, and it certainly isn't so good that I'm gonna just not question anything at all. And its not the wait that concerns people. its if its coming out at all. Months of silence and then a "don't worry its coming so shut up" then another few months of silence and then again its the same thing over and over. "it's coming just trust us" They never show anything of substance, tell us to just trust them, give us a reworded excuse about how these things take time, and that we are simply to busy to show us any kind of progress at all. then basically tell us to shut up.

If I understand correctly, they don't have anything to show us because "it's just code that don't mean anything to the layman" I see that as a piss pore excuse at the best. I find it hard to believe they have NOTHING to show after years. and even if they don't. it would not be that hard to make a roadmap stating what parts and feature of the engine they are working on what needs to be done what is done etc. No we get a "just trust us" once a year. (3 times if we lucky)

At the end of the day it's just not cool. If you have no intention of finishing, just say so I don't think anyone would be that upset.(except maybe the crowd funders from a while back.) I wont be heartbroken if it never happens. Adult games have really taken off lately, and honestly it matters little if they finish at this point. But if they do actually intend on finishing something substantial, and not just a "trust us on this" would be nice. Saying you can't give an eta or a roadmap at all is in my opinion bull.

Ask yourself this, if you were told over, and over "its coming" for years. But there was also nothing to show for it. Would you accept that as an answer after years of it? Now just imagine if you had a contractor building a house for you. But he refused to show u the blueprints for the house, refused to give you ANY eta at all, and told you it will be built when its built. And after YEARS there sits an empty lot, and the contractor tells u "hes working on it" it will be done. Would you believe him at that point?

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 84  Next