View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 17
Rank 17

If you say you will have this done by this time them people expect it to be
If you say you will make this then people expect it to be made

This adds pressure and expectation to your work and you start to worry when you can't deliver on what you said
you start to rush and cut corners to get it done

Take my new Doc story for instance, i said it would be done by X and it was way past that
so i cut a lot of corners to get it finished and just release it
Now if i had just worked on it and finished it when i has happy with it
i would feel less "hatred" towards my own work because it's not as good as i wanted it to be
but i burnt myself out working on it that i don't want to go back and fix it

Simple Solution, don't promise anything and work in your own time at your own pace

The UE4 game im working on now and have been for a year or somewhere around that
i enjoy working on it because i have no expectations and no pressure
i simply work on some bits when i feel like it and slowly it progresses

I think this is the approach that XPA has decided to take

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:43 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Eskarn wrote:
If you say you will have this done by this time them people expect it to be
If you say you will make this then people expect it to be made

This adds pressure and expectation to your work and you start to worry when you can't deliver on what you said
you start to rush and cut corners to get it done

Take my new Doc story for instance, i said it would be done by X and it was way past that
so i cut a lot of corners to get it finished and just release it
Now if i had just worked on it and finished it when i has happy with it
i would feel less "hatred" towards my own work because it's not as good as i wanted it to be
but i burnt myself out working on it that i don't want to go back and fix it

Simple Solution, don't promise anything and work in your own time at your own pace

The UE4 game im working on now and have been for a year or somewhere around that
i enjoy working on it because i have no expectations and no pressure
i simply work on some bits when i feel like it and slowly it progresses

I think this is the approach that XPA has decided to take

I'm afraid you don't understand how business works, mate.

When you advertise a product, regardless of where it is being advertised, and you charge money for said product, you have a duty towards your customers to keep them in the loop, regardless of whether or not there's a specific date anywhere.

I already consider this as a vaporware because of the lack of communication. How long has it been since the last update on the project? A year? Over a year?

Without communicating, any developer comes off as very unprofessional.

I couldn't care less if the game spent 3-4 years more in development as long as i can read some bits of updated information now and then. That is after all what most of us paid for.

As a game developer, you should always expect pressure and expectation towards your projects. If you can't take the pressure or expectations, you shouldn't be developing games, period.

The website might just be up to sell more copies of the unfinished game for all we know.

Saiko: "I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Verybad wrote:

When you advertise a product, regardless of where it is being advertised, and you charge money for said product, you have a duty towards your customers to keep them in the loop, regardless of whether or not there's a specific date anywhere.

I already consider this as a vaporware because of the lack of communication. How long has it been since the last update on the project? A year? Over a year?

I couldn't care less if the game spent 3-4 years more in development as long as i can read some bits of updated information now and then. That is after all what most of us paid for.

As a game developer, you should always expect pressure and expectation towards your projects. If you can't take the pressure or expectations, you shouldn't be developing games, period.

The website might just be up to sell more copies of the unfinished game for all we know.

Version 3.5 and version 4 are 2 completely different products
If you own 3.5 it does not automatically entitle you to version 4

X Moon Productions might be nice and offer a discount on their newest versions if you own the older ones but thats it
It would be like going i bought Oblivion why don't i get Skyrim because its on the same engine

Since you have not paid for a product that is not released yet they are under no obligations to talk about anything
They don't even have to finish it if they don't want to, because no one has bought it

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

man i hope it comes out soon, 3.5 was really fuckin good.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Eskarn wrote:
Verybad wrote:

Version 3.5 and version 4 are 2 completely different products
If you own 3.5 it does not automatically entitle you to version 4

X Moon Productions might be nice and offer a discount on their newest versions if you own the older ones but thats it
It would be like going i bought Oblivion why don't i get Skyrim because its on the same engine

Since you have not paid for a product that is not released yet they are under no obligations to talk about anything
They don't even have to finish it if they don't want to, because no one has bought it

Thats not completly right.

Attachment:
XMOON.JPG
XMOON.JPG [ 33.37 KiB | Viewed 8515 times ]

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

If you can show me where to buy anything greater then 3.5 then I'll happily admit i was wrong.
Unless you were a backer or something like that then you might be entitled to any released version
Attachment:
payments.jpg
payments.jpg [ 215.79 KiB | Viewed 8508 times ]

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Eskarn

some of us paid 3-digit $'s a few years ago....and were entitled to all future versions.... so, there is no need to buy 4.0 or 5.0. And thanks for your excellent contributions to the community!!
Cheers
Hans

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:48 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

In that case i was wrong, i apologize and those that bought the "all" package are entitled to all the released versions.
I do agree that XPA should say something even if its every 6 months and its just saying "Hi, still working on it".

I know that XPA is still working on it and i know that it will still take awhile
and when it does come out ill be modding it, making tutorials and modding documentation.
(i would do modding documentation for 3.5 but i don't really see the point)

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Some did pay for all versions but everyone, think it was Before or just after version 1 came out :)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

All i want for christmas is v4, new engine looks and sounds dope can't wait for the release, original post was made over 2 years ago I hope its going well and that we will at least hear/see something about it soon, god speed my friends...God speed..

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 84  Next