View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 6
Rank 6

D1ESEL_614 wrote:
Xooligan wrote:
People continue to pester the dev team asking for something to show. What you all do not realize is that even if they do not have anything to show, it does not mean no work is being done. XPA mentioned several times about a custom engine. An engine does not include models, environments or stories. It is simply a framework. Something to build those things from.

It is like asking someone to take a picture of gravity, or oxygen. They cannot be captured with images, but they are VITAL to understanding the world. This is what XPA is working on and will be for quite a bit of time. "Starting to take shape" does not mean "almost there", so be patient.

Sure, he could create a model, environment and story for demonstration purposes, but the amount of time that would take would be a complete detour and would only delay things further. Without having something to show us, any messages will be met with some skepticism and will only satisfy some of us. So if it doesn't solve the problem, why waste the time?

This is my theory as to why he doesn't message here more often. Another part of my theory is that once the visual aspects are done, we will start to get some images or video about the new update. Note I said "done", not "being worked on". As others have mentioned, things change in development, so only once they are certain a visual aspect will be added will any images or video of it be released.

and because people don't pay attention as much as they should.... I say again... This is just speculation on my part. none of this comes from any member of the dev team.

Thats deep bruh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol yea... I get that way sometimes :P

Fly88xx wrote:
Xooligan wrote:
People continue to pester the dev team asking for something to show. (...)

"Hey everybody. I know you all have been wondering about me and the game. I wanna say I am good and the game is still being developed. Thanks for your support and patience. Best regards Xpadmin"
That line took me 40 seconds. And that was all I wanted. I didn't ask for the devs to show anything they are not ready to show, I just thought that after 3 years of silence, an official statement was overdue.

I wasn't poking at you or anyone else who simply asks for a simple statement saying it is still being worked on, especially since I do not disagree. I understand why it isnt done more often, but I still agree it should be done anyway.

I was referencing those who are complaining about those messages not being enough, and how they want pictures of the progress and how easy it is to take a simple screenshot, etc..

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:31 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Those people would have complained even IF Xpadmin had provided some pictures. They are the ones that always want more and never are happy :lol:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:58 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

The most amazing thing is that after all this time, this is still the best VR sex-game out there.
So until it is beaten there is no real incentive to get another one out there. However. Some sort of fix on the current version to address horrible frame-rates (at times) and fluids animation disappearing seemingly at random would be appreciated in the meantime... :)

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:01 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

so what is the last confirmed word from the actual developer at this time? as in, how old is the last lifesign from the guy?
anyone been by to check that he's still breathing?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:40 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

I'd say they are still just working on it
but the latest word is this
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:52 pm
xpadmin wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since my last post and some of you may have been wondering if I was still alive.
I have been hesitant posting something because I know there is still a lot of work ahead before the next version can be released.

We have been working very hard on the engine and the code is starting to shape up the way that I wanted. A lot has been learned from the previous version(s) and those lessons are being incorporated into the new engine. Dynamic loading of the environment, elaborate modding options and easier updating are some of these lessons.

I like to thank everyone supporting us and promise to do everything needed to release an new version for you.

Best regards Xpadmin

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:20 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

I think most people are complaining because it's shady to take a bunch of people's money (and continue to allow those donations) and then just slowly fade away when you were once relatively active. It's shady behavior, and people have been burned before, and that's just how it feels.

I hope he comes through with something good, but I don't think it is out of line to criticize this team for their lack of communication. I'm sure tons of people left years ago feeling scammed, as xmoon set up the expectation that there would be new content on a reasonably consistent basis until the game was complete.

The game is great as-is, don't get me wrong, but I think a lot of people had a much different expectation when they originally donated or purchased the game.

At this point, I think most of us would be happy with a simple update (like his last one) every 3-6 months. Even if he just copy and pasted the message.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:35 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Okay, I have to get rid of that now. I think the developers work on the game in their spare time and do not really take it seriously. That's a pity, because they could make a lot of money with it. House Party has sold 300,000 copies on Steam within a year and the xstoryplayer is much better. Nevertheless, the developers are not trying to publish on Steam. Patreon would also be an option. Summer Time Saga now makes over 55,000 per month on Patreon. Of course, the developers have to provide regular updates to secure permanent revenue and they need to communicate with their community. I would like to continue to support you, but you need to improve communication significantly. Do not let this game die, it's too good for that.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

You know what happens when you publish an unfinished and bug riddled game on steam?
Your reviews all turn red and people stay clear of your game. On the other hand if you release a really good game that does not have bugs then it all goes blue and people buy your game.

So when XStoryPlayer is finished and bug free then XMoon might put it on steam.

Patron requires constant updates and since XMoon are making their own engine, updates are really hard to do since the game might not even start for another 2 months while you implement something.

House Party is made in Unity.

Summer Time Saga is Ren'Py.

Both of these engines are established and all you have to do is add content.

Now you could say they should have used a established engine like Unity or UE4 but their own custom engine has modding capability's that far surpass both of these engines.
I made a full game of Blackjack and Poker as well as a physics based adventure map, the only reason i have stopped modding currently is because im waiting for all the pretty new lighting of the new engine.

None of my stories so far have been serious because i don't believe they would fit the scenes, The lighting and scenes were not great so everything was more comical.
With the new lighting and textures i intend to make stories befitting of the scenes.

TL;DR.
They are working on it.
They might release stuff on steam when its finished.
They don't like to comment on unfinished work and prefer to just work on it.
Custom engines take a long time to build but are worth it.

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:59 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

Eskarn wrote:
Now you could say they should have used a established engine like Unity or UE4 but their own custom engine has modding capability's that far surpass both of these engines.

Gonna have to disagree with you there.

Unreal Engine is the most moddable and flexible engine on the market. Unity isn't too far behind either, but still not there yet.

The main reason as to why it's better to use an in-house engine is that you won't have to pay the engine developer aka Epic or Unity a percentage of your sales due to how their licensing plans work.

For example. If you sell a game using the Unreal Engine, and your game becomes popular, and you sell x amount, you'll have to pay x percentages to Epic.

Saiko: "I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Verybad wrote:
Eskarn wrote:

Gonna have to disagree with you there.

Unreal Engine is the most moddable and flexible engine on the market. Unity isn't too far behind either, but still not there yet.

The main reason as to why it's better to use an in-house engine is that you won't have to pay the engine developer aka Epic or Unity a percentage of your sales due to how their licensing plans work.

For example. If you sell a game using the Unreal Engine, and your game becomes popular, and you sell x amount, you'll have to pay x percentages to Epic.

The day that someone manage to do something Close to this game on unity or unreal Engine that they i will agree with you but until that i dont garee with you.

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 84  Next