View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Improvements For POV 
Rank 6
Rank 6

The POV in the X Moon game is the best in any erotic game ever... and I've played a LOT of them.

But there is room to improve it. You guys may already be working on this stuff, but if you're not then I would like to suggest:

>Angle view forward or back, as if you're leaning closer to or farther away from the girl.

>More intricate side view. Have more angles in between the top down and side view. Like when the player presses "Z" or "X," the view could stop in 2 or 3 additional spots before going to the final side view. Also, rotate the view to the right (for Z) or left (for X) so that when in side view, the girl is horizontal instead of vertical.

Thu May 02, 2013 3:25 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

Reading a Review about XStoryPlayer v.2.1 and trying the Demo made me think about the characteristics of the First-Person-View.

First of all, I find the possibilities which were demonstrated in the demo video on Offbeatr very impressive and look forward to the release of XSP v.2.2.

Now, I'd like to adress the limitation of the FPS-View. Although the possible interaction with the model in the demo video looks great, VirtualSexReview pointed out that you (as the player) are limited to the FPS-View. My Suggestion is that you (as game developers) could overcome this limitation by adding a MiniCam as a usable item. I would imagine that you (as the Player) could place it freely in the room to have different view angles, possibly in a second, smaller window. Maybe players could also record (low resolution) clips with this item and arrange them into short videos, which for example the fat guy could watch on his TV.

This MiniCam could also have different modes, for example night vision, soft and hard X-Ray (soft: no clothes and hair, like the controversial body scanner; hard: internal view).

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

A reason we did not use a free view cam or second person view is because we did not want to break the first person feeling.

Another reason we did not use it is because it would also mean that the first person body should look good and not distracting or out of place.

On the other hand looking at the girls face or at other angles is a nice feature. In most POV adult video's the girls looks into the camera but also other camera angles are used.

I think a good idea might be to add a penis cam, that looks towards to girl.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:02 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I understand that you want to keep the First-Person-Experience. With my suggestion of a Webcam as a usable item, I want to keep it, too, but expand it with the possibility to film and view yourself from a different angle, as some people like to do, either for homevideo, or for "homevideo". ;)

I don't want you (as Developers) to give up the FPS-Perspective, I thought about how it could be possible to add another perspective, and some people like to film themselves when they do it. I don't know if you played "Descent 2", but I found it very interesting that you could either watch your homing missile going into its target, or switch your weapon monitors to the Guide Bot and see what he saw, and he sometimes looked at the players ship when he came back to guide you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5kfTqNJ_vw (Descent 2 Gameplay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKM2eqiQj-M (Babylon 5 G'Kar artificial Eye, for comic relief ;) )

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

First of all, sorry for the double post.

I had a second look on the Offbeatr-Demo-Video and the really good looking blow job, and suddenly an idea crossed my mind: What about reciprocity? What if the player could turn the sporty girl around and bend her over the couch, bite her juicy ass and make her giggle by plunging his tongue into her delicate pussy lips or her lovely butt cheeks?

I mean, it would greatly enhance the immersion if the player has a mouth, too.

I would suggest that it was transparent and placed in the middle of the lower half of the display. There are three modes for it that I currently think of: Suck, tongue/lick, (softly) bite/nibble. I don't know if the mouse wheel is currently used for anything, but if not, then I would say that it could be used to adjust the intensity of the "mouth action". ;)
(Of course, corresponding reactions from her would be very welcome, e.g. soft licking lead to quiet sighs and closed eyes, hard sucking results in loud moans and eyes rolling to the back of her head.)

EDIT: (This would make the "69"-position possible. :lol: Oops. I forgot kissing. :oops: )

2nd EDIT: Although I am not a fan of it, spitting could be the fourth mode or an additional function for the other three modes, especially for anal foreplay.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:19 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I think a third person view might add a disconnection from the player character experience.
The more a game shows the visuals of a character the larger the potential disconnect between the player and the experience they are having becomes.
Even with custom character creation I've lost count how how many third person games left me feeling like an observer rather then immersed as the protagonist/hero etc..
I think the first person in xStory works well to connect the player as the character in the game.

I like the idea of having camcorders you can set up in the scene to monitor different angels. Eg: a face came to see character reactions sent to a tv on the wall.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:01 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

KotLPL wrote:
(...)
I like the idea of having camcorders you can set up in the scene to monitor different angels. Eg: a face came to see character reactions sent to a tv on the wall.

I agree, having the camera view on the TV in the room makes more sense for the first person view than a smaller second window, since nobody has brain TV. :)

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:14 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

This animation of Bioshock Infinite's Elizabeth makes me longing for a mouth more than anything else... :o :twisted: ;)

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

She seems very much enjoying it.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

Which girl would not? :D

I like her position, this way she can watch the action. ;)

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next