View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Question regarding update re-pricing. 
Rank 16
Rank 16

I noticed that I may have to pay again if the game gets re-priced from an update. I'm concerned that I will have to buy the game all over again when I only want to buy the update so-to-speak.

For example, the game is currently worth $9. Let's say that when 2.2 comes out the game is re-priced to $10. Would I have to pay another $10 to get 2.2, or would I just pay the difference, which would be $1?

I say that I am concerned, because it would seem quite unfair for me, who bought the game early, to have to pay a total of $19 when someone else paid only $10 for the same game simply because they bought it at a later date. XStoryPlayer may be the greatest adult game that I have ever played, but I have never played any game (adult or otherwise) that had me pay again after an update, so I don't know what to expect. I'm quite used to financially benefiting from early access games.

P.S. I would find it perfectly fair if I had to pay the difference, as to me, that difference is the cost of the content in the update, I just don't want to have to pay for the full game again just because it got updated.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

meem wrote:
2.2 is an update and what I did read here in the forum, it's free. It contains fixes to the current game plus extra content.
Version 3 though will be no update but a new game. And yes, that is something you have to buy. It's just like (lets say) Forza racing game for the X-Box: updates are free, the new game you have to buy.
And be honest: the price of this game is extremely low (not that that has to change ofcourse ;) ) and the amount of time that is put into it more then justifies the fact that a new version must be bought and yes, that might be a bit more then the current $9

I was just using 2.2 as an example.

That being said, I did happen to find evidence to the only-pay-the-difference side as it explicitly stated on the FAQ page that "When a new story is released we might re-price XStoryPlayer. In this case you only have to pay for the extra story."

Plus, while the game's price is low, it's also in a very early stage of development, and henceforth if you had to pay the full price each re-price, you could pay well over $100 for it when someone else a few years from now only pays $40. Would you really want to pay over $100 for a game, and just a game?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

xpadmin said that users who already own the game would pay for an upgrade, not the full game again. So I imagine this would be only a fraction of the cost, probably the difference between what the game is worth now and what it is worth when it is next priced up.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]