View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 How do I go into the pool? 
Rank 2
Rank 2

The controls in this game are so wanky I can't do anything. I bump into everything because I can't see my feet, or where I'm walking. Can't jump into the pool. Apparently, can't undress so I can get into the pool. How does this work?

I finally found the one place on the edge of the pool that I could jump in from. That's bad.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

FLSexgamer wrote:
The controls in this game are so wanky I can't do anything. I bump into everything because I can't see my feet, or where I'm walking. Can't jump into the pool. Apparently, can't undress so I can get into the pool. How does this work?

I finally found the one place on the edge of the pool that I could jump in from. That's bad.

It's really not that hard. The ladder helps a lot, but jumping in is quite easy. You just can't jump at the edge of the lip. For whatever reason, the game doesn't allow you to jump up to a ledge if you are against a lip.

Secondly, I don't see why you think the controls are difficult. It's a standard WASD set up with two extra camera controls and a penis control.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:15 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

Too be fair, the control scheme is good enough, but the controls is allot harder, you walk slow and stop for each tiny edge. You cannot jump that high or even jump forward while in air. So you need to walk and then jump forcing the player to calculate when to jump precisely. The pool is a nightmare to get out of, although XPadmin writes that w+jump ought do it, this is not always the case.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:33 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

tomten wrote:
Too be fair, the control scheme is good enough, but the controls is allot harder, you walk slow and stop for each tiny edge. You cannot jump that high or even jump forward while in air. So you need to walk and then jump forcing the player to calculate when to jump precisely. The pool is a nightmare to get out of, although XPadmin writes that w+jump ought do it, this is not always the case.

I just went to the ladder, and my character got out quite easily. Was this not intentionally programmed in?

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

If the controls are so easy, why is it virtually impossible to get the camera straight to shoot pictures? And why does everything you pick up have to be put back down? Why not an inventory like virtually every other game which uses items?
To be honest, I hate the controls on all FPS games so I guess these are no worse than others, but the item interaction is horrendous. Trying to move items around once you've picked them up is very hard. Just something simple like picking up the magazines off the floor and putting them under the night stand was incredibly different. you have to hover the item over the area you want it to go in and hope it drops down neatly. I know that's not necessary for the story, but I wanted to see how items worked.
I'm aware that this is still basically a beta and that the developers have a limited budget. And they've done a remarkable job with the graphics and movement. But jumping and being able to see where you're moving needs to be improved, as well as item manipulation.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:56 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

FLSexgamer wrote:
If the controls are so easy, why is it virtually impossible to get the camera straight to shoot pictures? And why does everything you pick up have to be put back down? Why not an inventory like virtually every other game which uses items?
To be honest, I hate the controls on all FPS games so I guess these are no worse than others, but the item interaction is horrendous. Trying to move items around once you've picked them up is very hard. Just something simple like picking up the magazines off the floor and putting them under the night stand was incredibly different. you have to hover the item over the area you want it to go in and hope it drops down neatly. I know that's not necessary for the story, but I wanted to see how items worked.
I'm aware that this is still basically a beta and that the developers have a limited budget. And they've done a remarkable job with the graphics and movement. But jumping and being able to see where you're moving needs to be improved, as well as item manipulation.

To be fair, how many games have 3D object movement in them? The only two that come to my mind are Garry's Mod and XStoryPlayer. Even then, Garry's Mod doesn't account for the mass, so you can pick up tanks just as easily as you could a soda can.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

Quote:

The pool is the one thing that really gets to me as well for controls... but not getting into it, getting out of it. I'm hoping for some control improvement in 2.2, among many other things of course. It's a bit off topic But the candy bars, magazines n things are just sandbox beta BS for now. I hope they can be modded and scripted in but I'm not to concerned about inventories until the stories become non-linear and more complex. Once you are juggling more ladies, then it might be nice to have some pills, ropes, and a few dongs on hand. Heh, always bring rope...

Quote:
To be fair, how many games have 3D object movement in them? The only two that come to my mind are Garry's Mod and XStoryPlayer. Even then, Garry's Mod doesn't account for the mass, so you can pick up tanks just as easily as you could a soda can.

Again, going a bit off topic but to be even more fair, should you count sandbox games with all the others? Also, you may need to define "movement" due to engine needs. The Sims interact with their world and move objects around all the time! Granted it's not user interaction. XMP movement is limited to dynamic objects. Can't move the furniture... which kinda bums me out since I get bored of bondage and get the urge to make a couch fort to hide in and snack on my candy bars...

Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

I truly, truly wish that Skyrim had the object placement power of the current version. >_> I'm sick of bashing around an item just to get it the right way up, only to have it face the wrong direction.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

guymanyo wrote:
Also, you may need to define "movement" due to engine needs.

True, true.

"Movement" in this context would be defined as: Moving an object in the environment from one arbitrary point to another over a period of time such that all properties of the object, other than its position, remains constant.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]