View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Is this too resource demanding? 
Rank 16
Rank 16

XStoryPlayer seems like the perfect game to try out my ultimate what-I-hope-heaven-is-like fantasy, but I don't know enough about the game to know if this is too CPU/RAM remanding. What I am about to say isn't so much a story concept so much as it is a secret you-just-owned-the-entire-game reward.

Imagine this, you are back in high school, guys and girls are walking all around you between classes and such. Unlike reality, you can walk up to any of them and begin touching them. They won't like it at first, but they won't do anything about it. From there you can make them bend over (or whatever you wish), then you take off their pants and panties, and have at it. You can tell them to sit on desks, go to certain parts of the school, or just get on their knees and suck you off right in-front of the whole school. Go peak in the girls locker room... and then waltz right in! Steal the nurses' pills and knock that hot cheerleader out like you did with Samantha, then have your way with their unconscious body.

My only concern is that having that many characters (I'm thinking a 2-3 dozen to keep up the variety) might be heavily taxing on the computer due to all of the physics. Would this be asking to much of the average modern computer or is this idea actually feasible?

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Well I'm not sure if this would work but the ones you see could be just shells with no attributes until you actually select one. Then that one loads all the extras. So basically only one model is fully accessible at one time (or two for threesomes).

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:22 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Gamesman wrote:
Well I'm not sure if this would work but the ones you see could be just shells with no attributes until you actually select one. Then that one loads all the extras. So basically only one model is fully accessible at one time (or two for threesomes).

Considering how fast the game seems to load/switch around whole scenes in the fast sex mode, that would probably work with little to no loading lag.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:24 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

the game has some issues;
CPU - Not using more than 50% of cpu, yet cpu fps is low/dragging the game down.
drops in fps - 300 to 30 with just a camera movement!

but ... this is expected, the game is unfinished.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

By using LOD both in rendering and physics the engine will be able to handle more characters and larger scenes in the future.

The XMoon University in which you can talk to different characters each having their own personality is our final goal.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:19 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

xpadmin wrote:
By using LOD both in rendering and physics the engine will be able to handle more characters and larger scenes in the future.

The XMoon University in which you can talk to different characters each having their own personality is our final goal.

A whole college? That sounds awesome!

P.S. What's LOD stand for? I want to say Loading On Demand, but I'm not sure if that's right.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:06 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

LOD stands for Level of Detail, basically the further away from something you are, the lesser the quality it needs to be.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:41 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

doomrogue wrote:
LOD stands for Level of Detail, basically the further away from something you are, the lesser the quality it needs to be.

Ah. I knew it had something to do with distance-based resource use on a given object.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]