View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Maya, 3+ button mice, and my concussion 
Rank 16
Rank 16

[rant]
Okay, so I've been banging my head on the desk until I got nauseous, struggling to figure out how to connect nodes together automatically because I'm not going to play the guessing game with the attributes. Once I could see straight again, I called my cut-rate doctor who advised taking Tylenol. After ripping my phone off the wall, I dug around until I discovered that if you drag one node on top of the other, they will auto-connect. But you have to use the middle mouse button. According to the manual, that's the only fucking way! I guess that's okay. I mean everybody has a middle mouse button, right? NOPE! Amazingly, a lot of people don't have 20 button 200,000 dpi mice from Razer. But Autodesk decided to say, "Hey, you with the carpal tunnel. Fuck you. And you guys on the laptops, fuck you too."
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Autodesk supports various peripherals, like the many 3D mice out there. It's reasonable to put some functions on the middle mouse button to avoid the dreaded ctrl+alt+shift. But for fuck's sake, it shouldn't be mandatory!
Meh. I've been meaning to test out my graphics tablet with it.
[/rant]

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I understand, welcome !

In France we say somthing like : "why make things simple when it can be complicated"
It must be a way of life @ autodesk =)

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:54 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

lol, how do you function without a mouse?? I use a laptop as well, but i always use a usb mouse. I couldn't imagine life without one.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:36 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Nautica wrote:
lol, how do you function without a mouse?? I use a laptop as well, but i always use a usb mouse. I couldn't imagine life without one.

Someone needs to adjust their caffeine intake... I didn't say I don't have a mouse, I just have one button less than Autodesk requires for this one function.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]