View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum rules 
Rank 4
Rank 4

this is one of the reasons why video games are having a hard time progressing forwards.

dark themes have been accepted in books and movies for a long time, but video games... nooo

Movies = rape, violence and murder is acceptable
books = rape, violence and murder is acceptable though sometimes banned at certain libraries (schools)
video games = violence and murder is common but people often try to blame video games for peoples actions. I have never seen rape in AAA video game.

i am all in for diversity in video games, because it will give the developers to create everything that comes to mind and be creative. Censoring themes would just hold developers back. I am not saying that games ought to be dark themed, simply that they shouldnt be limited to some conservative minded thoughts.

i already believe that this is somewhat a problem, i have been a pc gamer for 20 years and today i am having a hard time finding games, that are different enough than others. most games use the same systems and they repeat each other too much, probably because they dont want to take risks.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

this is one of the reasons why video games are having a hard time progressing forwards.

dark themes have been accepted in books and movies for a long time, but video games... nooo

Movies = rape, violence and murder is acceptable
books = rape, violence and murder is acceptable though sometimes banned at certain libraries (schools)
video games = violence and murder is common but people often try to blame video games for peoples actions. I have never seen rape in AAA video game.

i am all in for diversity in video games, because it will give the developers to create everything that comes to mind and be creative. Censoring themes would just hold developers back. I am not saying that games ought to be dark themed, simply that they shouldnt be limited to some conservative minded thoughts.

i already believe that this is somewhat a problem, i have been a pc gamer for 20 years and today i am having a hard time finding games, that are different enough than others. most games use the same systems and they repeat each other too much, probably because they dont want to take risks.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3