View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Noob question about Tenticle Dreams 
Rank 2
Rank 2

How on earth do you turn the lights on or put the flashlight on.
There is no trail of goo left by the monster, only on apartment level 2.
I had to get to level 2 in complete darkness.
Now the monster did its thing on the girl, i picked it up and somehow it dropped somewhere in the basement hall which is in complete darkness, the room is too dark to see the light switch
I have maxed brightness out.
Help plz

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:36 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Figured it out, so once you get the bug before you turn off the light or grab the remote, press c 9 times, now turn off the light, get the remote which glows in the dark, once the creatures unloads and you show your thing, now put yourself beside reactor 2 against the wall. Go all the way to the right, so that you touch the other wall, now go to the left press A 12 times. At 1080p (1920x1080) the light switch will be on the bottom of the screen approx 1 Windows 8.1 bar in height from the bottom, click a million times to cover that height start from left and go to mid point, back and forth until you get it. This is the only method that worked, and worked consistently. Do not hold the direction keys (you will travel farther and end up in the wrong place). Puzzles in the dark are not my favorite, but anyhoo.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:32 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

The room should be dark but not pitch black, that is an interesting bug

1. Change the render mode in settings to something else and trying again
2. Update graphics card drivers
3. Reinstall the game and update it
4. http://www.xmoonproductions.com/support/ or wait for someone to post here

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:13 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

This is exactly the reason why some games include image calibration - to avoid this type of scenario.
Part of the blame is likely to do with Nvidia settings - and lack of detection of these settings by the game engine; another reason to have image calibration.
It allows the output to be predictable, so could use that scene in the dark as your calibrator and overlay something so that the user has a target and doesn't make it too bright.
Interestingly, this problem is exactly why I returned Rise of the Tomb Raider, because it was extra puzzle orientated and extra dark even at brightness maxed out.
But I didn't have the problem with Montreal Studios first Tomb Raider.
Furthermore, I increased the brightness of my nvidia display output by 50% and it was just as dark; had no effect on the game yet suppose to affect everything except video (movies) which has its own component to adjust.

I highly recommend you implement some sort of image calibration - it will save you so much trouble protect everyone from a number of potential bugs and improve the overall experience for everyone.
Whether its a bug or not, this is the best way forward.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]