View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Opninions on speed of development and vaporware speculation 
Rank 10
Rank 10

Oh yeah xebat, AdultVR is very realistic.

The way she repeats those 3 sentences all the time and just plainly stares into the camera. Almost feels like real life...NOT

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:40 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Slow development isn't the problem, the problem is lack of communication from the devs. If people were informed of what was going on there wouldn't be a problem, but the devs rarely post on the forums. I checked xpadmin's profile, and he posts in the forum about once every 5 days... That's not acceptable, especially not considering 90% of the posts don't give any information on the development of the game. If he posted once every 5 days and all the posts had actual information about development, I'd be fine with that.

Here is the latest post relating to the development of the new version:
"Thank you. I fully understand your impatience. But at the moment a lot of the work is coding.
As soon as the character creator more of a showcase state, I will post screenshots."

This was posted well over a month ago.

Again, slow development isn't the problem, it's the lacking communication that's bothering people. We don't care if you don't have much to show or if most of the stuff you're working on is coding, we just want to know that you care enough about us buyers to tell us what you're doing. I would suggest that you spend an hour or two every week to compile a list of things you've added/changed/improved and post it on the forum. It will be worth it in the long run, because this will keep people coming back to check for updates on a regular basis.
All the time and effort spent developing the new version wont matter if everyone has given up on the project and left by the time you're done.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 am
Rank 9
Rank 9

they are trying to do everything that's why they haven't got a community manger otherwise we would be seeing much more news on the speed of the games progress.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most of the work is building the game engine. This includes things like:

- Physics based lighting
- Physics based materials
- Cascaded shadow mapping
- Ambient occlusion
- Dynamic reflection
- Portal based rendering
- Large environment optimization
- Trees, vegetation, terrain, buildings etc...
- Physics engine
- etc...

All in all a lot of work but not very interesting unless you are a programmer.

Next to this we are doing a lot of research into different areas like:
- Skin physics
- Improved cloth simulation
- Advanced AI
- etc...

So on one hand we are building a game engine (basic stuff) and doing research into more interesting areas that are more game specific.

When the game engine is more or less finished and we are building the more interesting stuff it will also be easier to post more regularly on the progress.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:15 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

When people see a list like this they go "Oh cool it will have these things"
xpadmin wrote:
- Physics based lighting
- Physics based materials
- Cascaded shadow mapping
- Ambient occlusion
- Dynamic reflection
- Portal based rendering
- Large environment optimization
- Trees, vegetation, terrain, buildings etc...
- Physics engine
- etc...

When i see a list like this i go "Awesome i get all this stuff to mod with... i wonder if i can do this... Ohhh that's a cool idea if it works"

Keep up the awesome work i can't wait to see what epicness i can create (epicness is not a word... Add to dictionary)

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks for the update xpadmin. Sounds like you all have a ton of work. Can't wait to see what you all come up with :)

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:18 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

xpadmin wrote:
Most of the work is building the game engine. This includes things like:

- Physics based lighting
- etc...

All in all a lot of work but *1 not very interesting unless you are a programmer.

Next to this we are doing a lot of research into different areas like:
- Skin physics
- etc...

So on one hand we are building a game engine (*2 basic stuff) and *3 doing research into more interesting areas that are more game specific.

*4 When the game engine is more or less finished and we are building the more interesting stuff 5* it will also be easier to post more regularly on the progress.

*1: I gather this game isn't your livelihood or a way to make a living. Who wants to do uninteresting work, that they don't enjoy during their time at home? If the work that you're doing isn't very interesting, why don't you farm that work out to programmers? This will leave you to concentrate on stuff you find more fun.
As a freelance graphic designer, I find myself farming out plenty of coding work to CSS and Java experts (not only do I find it intensely boring, I'm also not very good at it). I'm sure, with the network you've built through releasing the last few revisions of this game, there are programmers out there willing to help. Possibly for free!

*2: If the "basic stuff" is basic, why is it taking so long?

*3: "Doing research into more interesting areas" whether more game specific or not, sounds a little open-ended. I tell clients that I'm putting research into their branding, when really, all I'm doing is making best-guess assumptions, based on marketing trends within the sectors of business my clients place themselves in, then collating that information to cast a broad(ish) net to capture the attention of the clients' target audience.

*4: So, do you mean when the game engine is more finished or less finished? This is important to know. We'd also like to know a rough time frame as to when that might be :)

*5: What do you mean it will be easier to post more regularly? Do you find it difficult to login to this forum, upload some images or type a few lines for a weekly blog update? Personally, all this is beginning to sound like you guys have bitten off more than you could chew with this project (I really hope not, as you've made a huge leap forward for adult gaming so far).

I really hope you manage to find a way to organize, collaborate and work smarter (not harder) with your team, this whole project sounded great over a year ago. I'm guessing it's a team, anyway. I've heard of lone modders out there doing some great work with games in a short time span, and I realize you're making a new engine from the ground up, but don't you agree that it might be time to expand the team? Maybe find some rich guy into adult entertainment that would be willing to front you some capital so you could focus on this as a business venture? That way, you could all pay yourselves a decent salary for doing "not very interesting" work (or farming it out).

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 am
Rank 9
Rank 9

they have certainly been working on that new engine for a while now, I would of expected they would of been close to completion if those screenshots are anything to go off.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:15 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

The advantage xp-admin if you write 1 a month or so info like we now work on Cascaded shadow mapping and Ambient occlusion with help use..... that would give proof off life so to say.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Quote:
*2: If the "basic stuff" is basic, why is it taking so long?

Basic as in the underlying construct, not as in trivial.
This part is probably the hardest and most time consuming to do.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next