View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 [Request] HTC Vive Support 
Rank 1
Rank 1

For those who ordered the Vive I can tell you it was the right decision, its amazing I love it. Had it a month now and It`s still amazing me.

Like others have said I would love this game to get Vive support and when that day comes I`ll sign up straight away.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:53 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

God dammit, I just bought this thinking it already had OpenVR support. I have a Vive and want to play this soooo bad. It would be easy to implement so please do so!

Anyone try to run this with ReVive?

Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Testing now.

No did not get it to work, the x86 version my antivirus removed, the 64bit the game started but cant see anything.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:54 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yeah I couldn't get it to work with revive either.

I got it working with Vorpx but not with stereoscopic view unfortunately so there's no point.

I'm not experienced enough with Vorpx to figure out how to implement stereoscopic in an unsupported game. If this game is in Unity it should take <30 minutes to add Vive support. Please do it!

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

This game uses it's own engine, not Unity or UT engine, so I don't think any of the tools made for those will work.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:39 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ah that is a bummer. Well I hope they look into it anyway, as they'd get plenty of support from hongfire.com and reddit.com/r/oculusnsfw

Money to be made.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:53 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

i was looking for the vive support and found this thread, damn. hopefully some one will figure out how to mod it in (given the last update was last year, and it was just a dungeon im not sure the devs are working on the game anymore, shame as it needs a lot of work)

Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:04 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

mrgreaper wrote:
i was looking for the vive support and found this thread, damn. hopefully some one will figure out how to mod it in (given the last update was last year, and it was just a dungeon im not sure the devs are working on the game anymore, shame as it needs a lot of work)

The devs have been quiet recently yes, But They're making version 4.0 as we speak. so there won't be anymore updates to 3.5 when 4.0 is going to a new game engine. I'm not sure if vive support will be in it... maybe?.. eventually? I know the current version has rift support but considering the oculus recent business practices i doubt it'll be easy to use that to convert to play on a vive using the oculus api.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

By developing using the OSVR API, they should be able to secure compatibility with all VR headsets in the long run. Valve has already officially said that they're supporting plugin development for OSVR compatibility (so OSVR game devs don't have to do anything to be compatible with the Vive). As of now I don't think that there is a plugin for CV1 support yet, but in the future there definitely will be (thanks to the open source community).

So if they stick to OSVR now, the game will easily gain support for future HMDs without having to code it in. The OSVR runtime will update independently on users' systems, and will be compatible, guaranteed, with any new HMD that hits the market, whether its built for OpenVR or OSVR (and possibly Oculus in the future at some point).

And don't forget this $399.99 beauty that was just very recently announced from Razer. Seems like it can rival the Rift CV1 in terms of display resolution. No reviews yet, but seems like a steal at that price.

EDIT: Also, OSVR does support the DK2 and DK1.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:05 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I'd really appreciate some response from the devs on whether or not they're going to implement OSVR support in 3.5 or 4.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next