View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Cursor issue 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hi.

I played the demo and it worked just fine, so I decided to buy. The full version doesn't work as advertised though, unlike the demo it seems to have been designed for 2D and the VR part is an afterthought.

a) My mouse is rendered in 3D mode instead of VR. I have a cursor for left eye and one for right, in order to click anything I have to aim midway between the fake images of the cursor. This makes precise interaction (grabbing) awfully awkward. I have to usually exit the gear, hit F8, click, hit F8 again and resume using the glasses. Why isn't this issue in the demo? What's the point of the demo if the demo works and the game does not?

b) Mouse seems to be set for 2D only. In 3D, the mouse cursor and the little hand are not in sync. As a result, in 2D the cursor (cross) doesn't match the game cursor (arrow) and in the game it appears that the cursor stops after a white, like the window the cursor is constrained to is 800x600 but the viewport is 1920x1080. I can only click in half the menus in Fast Sex, for example. Again, F8, exit, use the menu, F8, enter.

Above issues are so bad I can't even start the game in VR mode, not even the main menu works. I tried it on at least two systems with 2 video cards.

Once items have been grabbed, the cursor seems to be palatable, mainly because I see the 3D object instead of the cursor.

(cursor = true;) in settings.ini

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Cursor = true' displays the 2d windows cursor.

This option is added to help (disabled) people who use pen tablet as mouse.

Best is to use the default 'cursor = false' to allow the 3d cursor to work.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:06 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

OK, I killed cursor=true in the settings and it made the real, cross cursor disappear.

The issue remains. Here's extra info:

a) If you dungeon with Saiko only, the UI is narrow enough that I can use it comfortably. if you choose Monica and Saiko, the UI is too wide to be reached on the right side, where it says "inside/outside". It also seems (from memory) that I can click OK (Apply?) on the narrow UI but not on the wide, Saiko+Monica UI. Perhaps it is not a constrain issue but a UI resolution issue?

b) The issue of the cursor stands. See:
Attachment:
Screenshot (28).png
Screenshot (28).png [ 3.02 MiB | Viewed 17773 times ]

When I try to unbutton Saiko, a mundane task, the left eye sees the hand on the left breast, the right on the right. The ACTUAL cursor is between, and it makes interaction very hard and not intuitive.

The cursor should be the same left and right, or very nearly so, so it floats in front of the player about the length of the interact range.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have not seen this issue before. Could you please send the trace.txt file to the support section here:

http://www.xmoonproductions.com/support/

So we can look into this issue further.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

meem wrote:
I had a Oculus Rift DK2 and I encountered exactly the same problem. Can not provide a trace since I do not have the VR anymore but thought I mentioned to show that it is not an isolated problem.

A lot of this code has been updated. This I would like to see what version of the software is used.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

xpadmin wrote:
I have not seen this issue before. Could you please send the trace.txt file to the support section here:

http://www.xmoonproductions.com/support/

So we can look into this issue further.

I'm not sure what you wanted, since there is no issue to technically reproduce so I just uploaded the trace of a regular session in the dungeon (well, a 10 second session I clicked a few times and bailed).

I did not have this issue with the demo, but the demo was very different and I MIGHT have updated the Oculus software for some reason.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:28 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I'm having the same issue while using the Oculus Rift. Cursor lines up fine in the menu screen and in settings screen of free sex mode if only one character is chosen, but if both are chosen it does not reach to the right side of the menu. In both story mode and free sex mode, the cursor has to be above and to the left a little of the thing you're trying to select, making things like buttons on clothing almost impossible to interact with.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]