View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 6
Rank 6

XPAdmin.

So i am learning modeling and for this game anything i make i donate for free.
I am on robots still but more to come for my own game.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:09 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I paid fucking 80zł for this game. I been waiting 2 years and there is no update. are you fucking kidding me ? Update this game for fuck sake

Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:00 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

mateusz22 wrote:
I paid fucking 80zł for this game. I been waiting 2 years and there is no update. are you fucking kidding me ? Update this game for fuck sake

You paid 80zł for version 3.5 which you have and can play freely whenever you want

When they have finished remaking the entire engine from the ground up with all the nice new pretty features then they will release it

People think that Devs always know what they are doing
like sitting down and going "I'm gonna make a custom character creator today and it will take 23k lines of code"

This is not how it happens, what happens is you slowly start working on it and make some framework then start to fill that out while going back and improving
until you finally have something that works. This could take days, weeks even months depending on the complexity and the problems you get roadblocked with

I wish they would be a little more open and communicate their progress but this is up to them and if they just want to work on things without the expectations of us then so be it

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:03 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Eskarn wrote:
mateusz22 wrote:

You paid 80zł for version 3.5 which you have and can play freely whenever you want

When they have finished remaking the entire engine from the ground up with all the nice new pretty features then they will release it

People think that Devs always know what they are doing
like sitting down and going "I'm gonna make a custom character creator today and it will take 23k lines of code"

This is not how it happens, what happens is you slowly start working on it and make some framework then start to fill that out while going back and improving
until you finally have something that works. This could take days, weeks even months depending on the complexity and the problems you get roadblocked with

I wish they would be a little more open and communicate their progress but this is up to them and if they just want to work on things without the expectations of us then so be it

Your post here honestly gives me some hope the next version will come out eventually. I've been thinking they just dropped it since I haven't seen anything from them specifically. I really hope everything all works out. especially since this is the best game I've found of this sort.
Edit: also great job with your mods btw :D

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

-How can we contribute?
--Throw in a few bucks.
-For what exactly?
--It's going to be amazing.
-What? How?!
--Yeah dunno yet. We'll let you know.
-When?
--Next year maybe?
-So what is the project?
--Everything new. A lotta physics. PBR. New engine. Computer programming. Everything awsum.
-Why did you hype us this early in the first place?
-- So you throw in a few bucks.
-For what exactly?
--It's going to be amazing

I mean seriously.. I understand that some of you are very informative and thanks for that.
But don't insult people who know a thing or two about software dev. or prototyping.
This is just terrible PR. I love your product. I WANT to trust you.
But I do not trust you.
This project is not a matter of "when". I think it's a matter of "if".

What I understand from such silence is as follows:
"We'll let you know IF this thing actually works."

And yes if you announce sth, you are expected to deliver.
We have bought your game, and future promises were a big part of your marketing back then.

These being said, you guys are trying to tackle a goliath here, and I applaud your courage for it.
Please keep up the good work, and just keep us in the loop.

Cheers

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

somewhite wrote:
-How can we contribute?
--Throw in a few bucks.
-For what exactly?
--It's going to be amazing.
-What? How?!
--Yeah dunno yet. We'll let you know.
-When?
--Next year maybe?
-So what is the project?
--Everything new. A lotta physics. PBR. New engine. Computer programming. Everything awsum.
-Why did you hype us this early in the first place?
-- So you throw in a few bucks.
-For what exactly?
--It's going to be amazing

I mean seriously.. I understand that some of you are very informative and thanks for that.
But don't insult people who know a thing or two about software dev. or prototyping.
This is just terrible PR. I love your product. I WANT to trust you.
But I do not trust you.
This project is not a matter of "when". I think it's a matter of "if".

What I understand from such silence is as follows:
"We'll let you know IF this thing actually works."

And yes if you announce sth, you are expected to deliver.
We have bought your game, and future promises were a big part of your marketing back then.

These being said, you guys are trying to tackle a goliath here, and I applaud your courage for it.
Please keep up the good work, and just keep us in the loop.

Cheers

Don't throw in bucks for a WIP if you cannot/do not want to "sacrifice" them in case something happens which prevents a release at all.

I supported it by buying the everything up to v3.5 version.

Would I love to see these somewhat more supported?
Sure; still annoys me a tiny bit to see all the v2 stuff being announced to be added for the (game-mechanic wise) superior v3.5. Would love to play them with these mechanics. Or see Monica added for the X-Mas ride. Or the ride added for both as a dungeon option.

Would I love to see the new version release or monthly updates/reports?
Sure again. Till now this is genuine new 3d work & physical interaction. And its (again till now) a real game; not just moving from romping scene to romping scene. So doh, totally looking forward to it.

But in all cases I feel I got my money worth of fun with whats already there. Will a new version even get released? Maybe. If it does I will surly get it & very likely donate some bucks more (unless it comes with some kind of surprise MTX schemes or even worse semi/perma-online connected subscription poop; than I'll spend them on pizza for angry stress eating). If it does not... oh dear, I'll survive.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

So anything still going here? Or can I delete the bookmark to this page and forget about it?

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Fly88xx wrote:
So anything still going here? Or can I delete the bookmark to this page and forget about it?

I'm with Fly88xx. The only reason I check this site is because I have it in my bookmarks bar and it reminds me to check.

I was so excited when 4.0 got announced and the dev knows this is the case for most people. For him to leave us all waiting and checking for this long, without so much as a "Hang in there guys, I'm still working on it" for over 6 months, is almost the behaviour of a sociopath and I don't have any faith any more.

He might have very good reasons or even excuses as to why it's taking so long to post progress updates, but a simple check-in to let us know he's working on it is not impossible, no matter what's going on. I mean damn, he could even pass a message on to someone else so they could post on his behalf.

I'm deleting the bookmark. Someone PM me if anything happens.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

xpadmin, I have cool idea. How about releasing version 3.51? Exactly same game but with next higher LODs of meshes and higher resolution textures? Hardware improved enough since last release.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

zu neutron wrote:
xpadmin, I have cool idea. How about releasing version 3.51? Exactly same game but with next higher LODs of meshes and higher resolution textures? Hardware improved enough since last release.

I would be unhappy to learn of this dev spending any time doing this instead of working on the next version.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 84  Next