View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A Suggestion to the Devs - Steam 
Rank 6
Rank 6

Steam is now allowing games which have adult content. They no longer require "censored" games that need patches to clear the censored parts.

They have full hardcore games.

I recently purchased Bonecraft on Steam and look forward to getting Bonetown when it is released later this year.

Steam could open up this game to a whole new, bigger audience and perhaps allow the "team" to grow in size for further updates.

Good luck!

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:09 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Have you seen the amount of shit storms people brew up on Steam when something they don't like happens in their games aka when they run into issues and bugs? Have you seen how entitled Steam users in general are when they buy games currently in development? They expect fully fleshed out games even in Early Access.

I know XP has gotten some flak for the lack of communication on this forum. Can you imagine the amount of flak he'd get on Steam if there's no communication there, where people expect up to daily communication and a minimum of weekly updates?

When he doesn't communicate or post updates even here, there's no point in releasing anything on Steam. Besides, do you think Steam doesn't charge for developers to put their games on the platform, even Early Access titles? They charge a pretty hefty fee as well as a cut from each sale, and they also have a refund policy which makes things much harder for developers, indie devs especially.

So, no. It's a horrible idea. :roll:

Saiko: "I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:51 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

30% off sale Steam take, but its not so cheap to have cc payment and so and you get some protection from pepole using cracked game.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:21 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

skidrow wrote:
30% off sale Steam take, but its not so cheap to have cc payment and so and you get some protection from pepole using cracked game.

Doesn't matter. People will still crack any game they can crack.

The issue is as i listed above, then there's the Steam Reviews. Yeah.. If he as i said isn't active here, and release it on Steam, and still not communicating regularly, and updating the game regularly, i mean, when was the game last updated? Three years ago? That won't fly on Steam. If you're on Steam you should know this as well. People who buy Early Access games on Steam go off the rails when a developer doesn't update their game weekly or bi-weekly, i'm talking patch notes, road map, written communications etc.

I've seen one-man developers get flak for posting updates only once per month as well, even if their game is decent.

Though i've also seen one-man developers get praised when releasing updates and communicating once per week or bi-weekly. It's a balancing act for any developer team, but it's more so when you're a team of maybe 1-4.

Look. I'm talking from a realistic point of view and from what i've observed on Steam ever since they implemented Early Access reviews and standard reviews on Steam, and i can tell you right now, it would mean a career suicide to move this game to Steam.

Better to keep it here and avoid all of the hassle and toxicity that is Steam. ;)

Saiko: "I hate you"

(ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:59 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

When you come to that Point so they are ready to release version 4 you will see more comunication from dev team, not sure they would put it as early access.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:36 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

you could sale the game separtely and still make money off of it instead the whole game. sell one story for 10.00 dollars people buy games separtely or you could sell all 3 for 30.00 dollars as it is right now you are buying the games separtely so it wouldnt matter about the updates plus it would bring in more money too just think about it :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]