View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Check in regularly for new news

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:24 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

We are all looking forward, to the new version.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:53 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

“Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs” - Henry Ford

A comfortable quote to bear in mind when tackling large projects that seem overwhelming. I would rather see this project take a few years extra if it needs the extra time, to ensure all the pieces work. Time pressure can kill the quality of products, as seen by the massive failure that was the Fallout 76 launch.

I don't believe frequent communication is essential to keeping the project alive. However, I do believe communication, any at all, is. The small, generic and uninformative reply from xpadmin has reignited hope in many patient people, myself included. Please do not linger for another 1.5 years until the next one.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Don't care if it takes a decade. Just want frequent communication.

In the meantime, this looks promising.

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:37 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Or they are all dead and the servers simply keep running. Just like they have the right to share nothing, the community has the right to demand information. I'm not even mad if they provide nothing more than a vague statement "we're working on it". A simple "beep" is known to be just enough to let people know you're still alive.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:09 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

xpadmin wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since my last post and some of you may have been wondering if I was still alive.
I have been hesitant posting something because I know there is still a lot of work ahead before the next version can be released.

We have been working very hard on the engine and the code is starting to shape up the way that I wanted. A lot has been learned from the previous version(s) and those lessons are being incorporated into the new engine. Dynamic loading of the environment, elaborate modding options and easier updating are some of these lessons.

I like to thank everyone supporting us and promise to do everything needed to release an new version for you.

Best regards Xpadmin

Page 42

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:48 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

People continue to pester the dev team asking for something to show. What you all do not realize is that even if they do not have anything to show, it does not mean no work is being done. XPA mentioned several times about a custom engine. An engine does not include models, environments or stories. It is simply a framework. Something to build those things from.

It is like asking someone to take a picture of gravity, or oxygen. They cannot be captured with images, but they are VITAL to understanding the world. This is what XPA is working on and will be for quite a bit of time. "Starting to take shape" does not mean "almost there", so be patient.

Sure, he could create a model, environment and story for demonstration purposes, but the amount of time that would take would be a complete detour and would only delay things further. Without having something to show us, any messages will be met with some skepticism and will only satisfy some of us. So if it doesn't solve the problem, why waste the time?

This is my theory as to why he doesn't message here more often. Another part of my theory is that once the visual aspects are done, we will start to get some images or video about the new update. Note I said "done", not "being worked on". As others have mentioned, things change in development, so only once they are certain a visual aspect will be added will any images or video of it be released.

and because people don't pay attention as much as they should.... I say again... This is just speculation on my part. none of this comes from any member of the dev team.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Xooligan wrote:
People continue to pester the dev team asking for something to show. What you all do not realize is that even if they do not have anything to show, it does not mean no work is being done. XPA mentioned several times about a custom engine. An engine does not include models, environments or stories. It is simply a framework. Something to build those things from.

It is like asking someone to take a picture of gravity, or oxygen. They cannot be captured with images, but they are VITAL to understanding the world. This is what XPA is working on and will be for quite a bit of time. "Starting to take shape" does not mean "almost there", so be patient.

Sure, he could create a model, environment and story for demonstration purposes, but the amount of time that would take would be a complete detour and would only delay things further. Without having something to show us, any messages will be met with some skepticism and will only satisfy some of us. So if it doesn't solve the problem, why waste the time?

This is my theory as to why he doesn't message here more often. Another part of my theory is that once the visual aspects are done, we will start to get some images or video about the new update. Note I said "done", not "being worked on". As others have mentioned, things change in development, so only once they are certain a visual aspect will be added will any images or video of it be released.

and because people don't pay attention as much as they should.... I say again... This is just speculation on my part. none of this comes from any member of the dev team.

Thats deep bruh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:07 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

Xooligan wrote:
People continue to pester the dev team asking for something to show. (...)

"Hey everybody. I know you all have been wondering about me and the game. I wanna say I am good and the game is still being developed. Thanks for your support and patience. Best regards Xpadmin"
That line took me 40 seconds. And that was all I wanted. I didn't ask for the devs to show anything they are not ready to show, I just thought that after 3 years of silence, an official statement was overdue.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:18 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Fly88xx wrote:
Xooligan wrote:
People continue to pester the dev team asking for something to show. (...)

"Hey everybody. I know you all have been wondering about me and the game. I wanna say I am good and the game is still being developed. Thanks for your support and patience. Best regards Xpadmin"
That line took me 40 seconds. And that was all I wanted. I didn't ask for the devs to show anything they are not ready to show, I just thought that after 3 years of silence, an official statement was overdue.

And when they done that 20 times pepole will be anoyed at that.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 84  Next