View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 When is version 4.0 coming out? We need Answers! 
Rank 13
Rank 13

I just wants to know one thing;
do we still have reliable confirmation that the developer is still alive, healthy and on task?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:45 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Elfseeker wrote:
I just wants to know one thing;
do we still have reliable confirmation that the developer is still alive, healthy and on task?

There was a post several months ago yes. He posted this on July 2019

xpadmin wrote:
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since my last post and some of you may have been wondering if I was still alive.
I have been hesitant posting something because I know there is still a lot of work ahead before the next version can be released.

We have been working very hard on the engine and the code is starting to shape up the way that I wanted. A lot has been learned from the previous version(s) and those lessons are being incorporated into the new engine. Dynamic loading of the environment, elaborate modding options and easier updating are some of these lessons.

I like to thank everyone supporting us and promise to do everything needed to release an new version for you.

Best regards Xpadmin

Link: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4719&p=25770#p25770

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

We'll I think he is AWOL now, the last time xpadmin logged in was October 24th 2019...

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:17 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Sovjet wrote:
We'll I think he is AWOL now, the last time xpadmin logged in was October 24th 2019...

It's a bit of a shame. Can't say I'm surprised, though. I hope he's OK and had a good holiday period. Would have been nice to hear from him. Oh well.

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:22 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

I've said my piece on the lack of dev interaction before, so won't repeat it again, cept to say that even one message a month would be better than nothing. e.g "We worked all month on the math class, math is broken, we need more time to fix it".

I think it's sad that it has got to the stage where we are pressuring people with any contact to the devs for any information, sorry to Eskarn.

It's shouldn't be up to him to give us any light on development, when it can easily be done by themselves. Anyone still following this site is genuinely a fan of the work, and keen to see how it will be in the future. While we aren't entitled to know anything, it would be courteous to throw us a bone once in a while.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:46 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

I backed their crowdfunding campaign. That campaign made a lot of promises. They delivered on one product but have two to go.

As of right now I believe they will not deliver on those last two products and have abandoned this project.

I just want the devs to know that I am fully satisfied with what they delivered and expect nothing more from them. My crowdfunding contribution was well worth it. The product they delivered was good enough for me and I am glad I could help them get that product finished.

I think they are afraid to post that they are abandoning this project because they still have two products to deliver.

I don't think anybody here is going to hold them to that. It's been so long that the money is long gone and they are no longer obligated to keep working for free.

It's okay to move on to other projects.

Good luck to the devs.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:30 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

seems work is ongoing, what with his only contributions being updates to the version history...guess he's not up to doing as Yandere-dev and keeping in touch with fans. Or is he posting shit elsewhere?

Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

his last two recorded posts were in june and may of last year. the last a few words to the effect that he was still alive. and it's not even sure he had written it. so yeah.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:19 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

well, someone using his login did so in january of this year, so...his identity is in use, at least. :P

Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3