View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 HTC Vive support added to XStoryPlayer 3.5 
Rank 1
Rank 1

skidrow wrote:
Faded7 wrote:
Hey,

I'm about to order Valve Index kit as my first VR device, I've never got or tried one before.
So my question is does V3.5 work for the Valve Index or not?

Yes it works, dont have Index but Pimax with have bigger FOV and I have Knuckles (index controllers) maybe angles was abit off with controller.

Perfect! Thanks for the info!

I thought Index is the bigger FOV in the VR market now?

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Faded7 wrote:
skidrow wrote:
Faded7 wrote:
Hey,

I'm about to order Valve Index kit as my first VR device, I've never got or tried one before.
So my question is does V3.5 work for the Valve Index or not?

Yes it works, dont have Index but Pimax with have bigger FOV and I have Knuckles (index controllers) maybe angles was abit off with controller.

Perfect! Thanks for the info!

I thought Index is the bigger FOV in the VR market now?

No they have what about 110-115degree horizontal Pimax can go up to 170 but normal 140-150degree.

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

I tried a fresh install today and hooked up my index for the first time (using the VIVE patch)

It looks okay until I move my head and then it gets all juddery/shaky until I stop moving my head. The steam overlays are fine, so it looks like its the game rather than my VR rig.

What I don't know if it s down to the patch not being optimised for the Index or some settings issue. Its been years since I set it up for my vive and think I may have had a similar issue but can't be certain. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? Could it be a FOV issue?

My hands kept flying off as well.

It did look absolutely amazing though. :lol:

Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:00 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

bark01 wrote:
I tried a fresh install today and hooked up my index for the first time (using the VIVE patch)

It looks okay until I move my head and then it gets all juddery/shaky until I stop moving my head. The steam overlays are fine, so it looks like its the game rather than my VR rig.

What I don't know if it s down to the patch not being optimised for the Index or some settings issue. Its been years since I set it up for my vive and think I may have had a similar issue but can't be certain. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? Could it be a FOV issue?

My hands kept flying off as well.

It did look absolutely amazing though. :lol:

i can tell you it's not your vr headset not your machine and not you. i have the first gen htc vive and it's stuttery there as well. hell i can't even play 10 minutes without almost throwing up because of motion sickness. it's not a good vr port because the game isn't supposed to be played in vr. maybe it's the engine but i don't know.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:43 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

xpadmin wrote:
HTC Vive support has been added to XStoryPlayer. I personally am very satisfied with the result.
All parts of the game, including menus, chatting can now be played with headset on.

The room space size and hands really add to the immersion of the gameplay.
If you can spend the money I really recommend buying the HTC Vive, it is very much worth it.

Also a very nice feature we call "Hip Thrusting Mode" is added.
Use this feature at your own risk and make sure your controller is securely inserted into your pants. ;)
It will allow you to make thrusting motion with your hips, and also to look sideways during e.g. the blowjob scene.

Let me know what you think. :)

Also please promote 'XStoryPlayer HTC Vive support' on e.g. VR forums and reddit. We can use the publicity and promotion!!!

Attachment:
settings1.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot3.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot2.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot5.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot7.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot4.jpg

Attachment:
screenshot9.jpg

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:02 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Bit late here. Are you guys using the 32 or 64-bit exe? In my experience the 32-bit exe can cause stuttering in VR. Unfortunately using the 64-bit exe causes fluids to disappear, but that's better than it being stuttery.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

I can't remember what .exe I was running with my original HTC Vive but it worked fine.

Running xstoryplayer.exe or xstoryplayer64.exe doesn't make any difference with the Valve index, still juddery as hell. I'm using a ryzen 5660 and a rtx370ti, so its definatly not a horsepower issue.

***EDIT*** scrap that.... I gave it another go, it works fine on the Valve index but you have to turn down the refresh rate on the index's setting to 90 or lower, I had mine set at 120.

is there anything in the xstory player settings that looks like it could control the games refresh rate?

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14