View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 More Info 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Although I'm quite busy making models for a game at the moment, It could be quite funny making a few "sex objects" at night when I'm bored. Characters etc are out there too much like actual work, But I may find the inclination for more minor things like clothing or items etc. I would need to know how many polygons you used for say the large black dildo and Samantha's blouse, just so I know the quality to aim for. Also average texture size, and file format.

Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@lostlegends

The black dildo is about 8000 polys. There are also two more reduced lod versions the dildo with 2000, 4000 polys.
Samanthas blouse is about 2000 polys (tris), but it is a cloth object that fits to the body automatically.

Best would be to start with objects like e.g. a dildo, a penis.

If the objects have a high poly, middle and low poly version that would be perfect.

Also bumb maps, textures etc are appreciated.

Format for objects could be Maya 9 (Autodesk), fbx, obj.

Also you may want to post renderers of the objects on the forum, so people can discuss the models.

Thanks in advance!

Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Few others things:

* How tall is your game average game character? 180cm? 170cm? Ofc 3d models scale easily, but might as well do it right away to fit.
* What is the texture resolution target? 100px per sqr cm (10x10)? 10000px (100x100)? Just to have some consistency in resolution with what you guys have.
* Also, does your engine support mapping same UV coordinates to multiple vertex?

Thanks.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

* How tall is your game average game character? 180cm? 170cm? Ofc 3d models scale easily, but might as well do it right away to fit.

Saiko (the asian girl) is 1.61 meter
Monica (the blond girl) is 1.70 meter

* What is the texture resolution target? 100px per sqr cm (10x10)? 10000px (100x100)? Just to have some consistency in resolution with what you guys have.

The skin texture is 2048x2048 for both the color and the bump map (the shininess/gloss is alpha factor in color map)

* Also, does your engine support mapping same UV coordinates to multiple vertex?

Uv sets are separate from vertices so they can be shared among vertices (and the other way around).

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]