View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 6:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70
 Information on development of next version. 
Author Message
Rank 4
Rank 4
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 12
IIT0NE wrote:
There's one of two scenarios right now:

1: @XPAdmin has caught Covid-19 and died
2: @XPAdmin is completely fine, he just doesn't give a shit about this community.

Regardless of whether 4.0 is coming out or not, it would be nice to hear from him during this - you know - GLOBAL pandemic.



Certainly 2nd scenario .
In this case i would be happy, to see any message from Admin ... even simple "I don't care" .


Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 am
Profile
Rank 12
Rank 12

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 am
Posts: 99
SunBlast wrote:
In this case i would be happy, to see any message from Admin ... even simple "I don't care" .


This. I'd be happy even if XPAdmin wrote a simple "fuck you all". At least we'd know what his intentions were.


Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 am
Profile
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:49 pm
Posts: 5
Someone is maintaining this website.... and this has a price tag associated with it... so if XPADMIN would give a shit - he would have terminated this website a long time ago! And the fact that even 3.5 is much better than anything out there should not make us fall into some sort of a depression mode! Enjoy it ... and even if 4.0 never will be released - let's face it - you have probably spent the few dollars for worse things in your past! Keep up your spirit and keep modding!!


Sun May 17, 2020 10:48 am
Profile
Rank 4
Rank 4
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 12
hjwie wrote:
Someone is maintaining this website.... and this has a price tag associated with it... so if XPADMIN would give a shit - he would have terminated this website a long time ago! And the fact that even 3.5 is much better than anything out there should not make us fall into some sort of a depression mode! Enjoy it ... and even if 4.0 never will be released - let's face it - you have probably spent the few dollars for worse things in your past! Keep up your spirit and keep modding!!


Ofc it is a really awesome game ... we can even say one of a kind (that's why some of us still waiting). But that's very unprofessional behavior. The website will be online, because brings benefits (new ppl buying the game).
Personally i don't regret the money spent for this game ... that's for sure . But i would like to know whether to wait or forget.


Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 am
Profile
Rank 10
Rank 10

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 57
SunBlast wrote:
hjwie wrote:
Someone is maintaining this website.... and this has a price tag associated with it... so if XPADMIN would give a shit - he would have terminated this website a long time ago! And the fact that even 3.5 is much better than anything out there should not make us fall into some sort of a depression mode! Enjoy it ... and even if 4.0 never will be released - let's face it - you have probably spent the few dollars for worse things in your past! Keep up your spirit and keep modding!!


Ofc it is a really awesome game ... we can even say one of a kind (that's why some of us still waiting). But that's very unprofessional behavior. The website will be online, because brings benefits (new ppl buying the game).
Personally i don't regret the money spent for this game ... that's for sure . But i would like to know whether to wait or forget.


Uh...you can always just forget about this game for a very long time and come back later like couple years later. The reason to this suggestion is that, I done that and still doing that to this day, just for this game.


Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 am
Profile
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:03 pm
Posts: 6
What gives me at least some hope is the fact that xpadmin still logs in to this forum from time to time. Last visit was in april.


Thu May 21, 2020 3:13 pm
Profile
Rank 12
Rank 12

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 am
Posts: 99
jackal27 wrote:
What gives me at least some hope is the fact that xpadmin still logs in to this forum from time to time. Last visit was in april.


Well, I'm glad he's alive and well and all, but that's actually pretty damn rude man.


Thu May 21, 2020 5:38 pm
Profile
Rank 8
Rank 8

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:28 am
Posts: 36
IIT0NE wrote:
SunBlast wrote:
In this case i would be happy, to see any message from Admin ... even simple "I don't care" .


This. I'd be happy even if XPAdmin wrote a simple "fuck you all". At least we'd know what his intentions were.


The Devs intentions are very clear, they made a game and sold it. They started making a new version as per their long term plan.

*How long will it take? As long as it takes, I'm guessing it is more of a passion project than a business for them, but the vast majority of games take longer to make than estimated before starting.
*Shouldn't they communicate with us on forums? There's no need to, they could give some feedback as to the new versions progression, but it is probably safer if they don't. They could say hello once in a while, just to get bombarded with 100 questions about the new version. It's less of a distraction to not communicate and then take the time to get the work done to a gold standard.
*But we deserve to know whats going on!?! No you don't, again they sold a game, you bought it, end of process. You wouldn't expect the likes of EA or Ubisoft etc, to update you on aspects of their new games in development just because you bought one of their games in the past. Whenever they do, it's only to market and start building hype for the launch of a game.
*But what if the game is never released? Then its never released, games get cancelled in development every day. You haven't lost anything, because it didn't cost you anything.

On a lighter note;
@XPAdmin I hope you are going to add a Pandemic Scenario to the new version, where we have to go out and buy all the toilet paper and hand sanitiser, and only communicate with other characters via zoom, while trying not to go insane.
@Everyone else, hope you are all safe and well.


Sun May 24, 2020 1:27 pm
Profile
Rank 4
Rank 4
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Posts: 12
Pogmothoin wrote:
IIT0NE wrote:
SunBlast wrote:
In this case i would be happy, to see any message from Admin ... even simple "I don't care" .


This. I'd be happy even if XPAdmin wrote a simple "fuck you all". At least we'd know what his intentions were.


The Devs intentions are very clear, they made a game and sold it. They started making a new version as per their long term plan.

*How long will it take? As long as it takes, I'm guessing it is more of a passion project than a business for them, but the vast majority of games take longer to make than estimated before starting.
*Shouldn't they communicate with us on forums? There's no need to, they could give some feedback as to the new versions progression, but it is probably safer if they don't. They could say hello once in a while, just to get bombarded with 100 questions about the new version. It's less of a distraction to not communicate and then take the time to get the work done to a gold standard.
*But we deserve to know whats going on!?! No you don't, again they sold a game, you bought it, end of process. You wouldn't expect the likes of EA or Ubisoft etc, to update you on aspects of their new games in development just because you bought one of their games in the past. Whenever they do, it's only to market and start building hype for the launch of a game.
*But what if the game is never released? Then its never released, games get cancelled in development every day. You haven't lost anything, because it didn't cost you anything.

On a lighter note;
@XPAdmin I hope you are going to add a Pandemic Scenario to the new version, where we have to go out and buy all the toilet paper and hand sanitiser, and only communicate with other characters via zoom, while trying not to go insane.
@Everyone else, hope you are all safe and well.



Summary - There is no point, waiting for the new version (as "Piperpeeper" said more simply) xD
Referring to your post, this "forum" should be closed as well (after all they don't have to communicate with us).
Never mind ... I will follow the hint and just forget, about this forum and game. So i hang up ;)


Sun May 24, 2020 5:43 pm
Profile
Rank 12
Rank 12

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 78
Pogmothoin wrote:
*But we deserve to know whats going on!?! No you don't, again they sold a game, you bought it, end of process.


Except that the next version of the game was also sold via the crowdfunding (Offbeatr) project that let people buy also the future games in advance, as a way to support the team. As with any crowdfunding project, there is of course always the risk that the project does not deliver, and the buyers accepted that risk. But those buyers are entitled to know whether the project is going to deliver or not.


Mon May 25, 2020 10:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.